• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Box Link Tie Down Anchors

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
Mine were under the back seat. Had to remove the brackets from the side of the box and use a rubber mallet to HELP them go into the brackets. Then just reinstalled the brackets.
That's exactly what we did too.
My bike lock fits through them perfectly when I have the bikes over the tailgate. The other tie down loops in the corner of the bed are too small and too close to the corner to fit a U-lock.
Haven't had a need to try to remove them yet.
Sponsored

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I had to use my FordPass points so I got the Box Links at the dealer.

2021 302a 5.7 box

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
100% retired
I ordered these on Amazon, went on easy, and I've put them to use a few times this week already.

Tie Downs.JPG
I noticed the two holes on the locking bracket are different than the factory brackets. Horizontal vs vertical. Just my observation.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
100% retired
What do you use these for, to strap / bungee cord things down?
I'm making a 'fence' to hold gas/diesel cans and other stuff from sliding around in the bed even though I have a bed mat. It's not a finished project yet but I thought someone would get a kick out of what a retired old fart does with his time.
Ford F-150 Lightning Box Link Tie Down Anchors 483FBF5E-0FBF-461E-AD0B-9B135DED467F

Ford F-150 Lightning Box Link Tie Down Anchors A5C892CA-EC50-4FC4-B75E-37118C4A129C

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
My bike lock fits through them perfectly when I have the bikes over the tailgate.
What bike lock do you have?

Sponsored

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
What bike lock do you have?
I use a kryptonite U-lock and cable to run through the frames and front tires and then through the box link. Probably not 100% theft proof, but we don't usually leave the bikes unattended back there for very long, just stopping for a beer and a bite or the grocery store after a ride.

I think if I was gonna have my bike in my truck all day at the office I would put it in the back seat with the seats folded up, or under the tonneau (once I get one).

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I think if I was gonna have my bike in my truck all day at the office I would put it in the back seat with the seats folded up, or under the tonneau (once I get one).
Thanks, I'll check it out. I just ordered a Leer HF 650M Tonneau. I like how easy they say it can be removed and the quad 4 I believe will have enough room for the bikes without removing.