• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
And does Ford advertise that when you tow with a gas f150 you get like 8-10mpg vs 18mpg? Hmm...
Ford or anyone else doesn't need to. Not many people who buy a gas car and consider range as there are gas stations everywhere and it takes a couple of minutes to fill up.

I couldn't tell you the range of the CX5 that I've owned for 4 years sitting in my driveway. But, I can tell you about the range of my Ioniq 5 that i've owned for 2 months in like 5 different scenarios.

All people really think about in terms of "range" of a gas car is MPG.

When people think about EVs, they think about range in terms of miles it can drive.

Look @ the EPA listings:

Ford F-150 Lightning Brawn & Brains: How F-150 Lightning Software Accurately Estimates Range While Towing 1651526316055

You cannot figure out how many miles per tank a gas car can drive, but you can for the EV.

In my quick search, I couldn't even find the range for a standard F150; just the range for the Hybrid w/ the extended range tank (750).
Sponsored

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
In the video, the truck is charged to 80% with 240 miles of range before the trailer is added. With an ambient temperature of 49 degrees, towing the 6500-lb boat shown, it needs one charge of 20 minutes (adding about 95 miles) to make a 185 mile trip with 10% of range remaining.

So range with the boat is:

185 miles
plus
300 x 10% = 30 miles (reserve at destination)
minus
95 miles added at charger

185+30-95=120 miles of range (without recharging)

So a loss of 120/240 = 50%

Your mileage may vary.

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘09 Silverado / ‘02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
Ford or anyone else doesn't need to. Not many people who buy a gas car and consider range as there are gas stations everywhere and it takes a couple of minutes to fill up.

I couldn't tell you the range of the CX5 that I've owned for 4 years sitting in my driveway. But, I can tell you about the range of my Ioniq 5 that i've owned for 2 months in like 5 different scenarios.

All people really think about in terms of "range" of a gas car is MPG.

When people think about EVs, they think about range in terms of miles it can drive.

Look @ the EPA listings:

1651526316055.png

You cannot figure out how many miles per tank a gas car can drive, but you can for the EV.

In my quick search, I couldn't even find the range for a standard F150; just the range for the Hybrid w/ the extended range tank (750).
I would assume that you could just multiply the 23 mpg times the number of gallons of fuel the tank holds to estimate range to get an idea of range for the ICE truck. I think that data is on the window sticker / website / owner’s manual.
Sponsored