• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Consumer Reports Real-World EV range test, 22 EVs tested for range; F150 Lightning tested worst (50 miles less range than EPA estimate/claim)

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
Your mileage will vary. I get easily 350+ miles to a charge, sometimes even as high as 400 based off my driving with zero hypermiling. The secret is I don't go any faster than 50mph and only for a brief stint, it's just how my commute shakes out and why I was so enthusiastic about getting the Lightning. I get significantly better than EPA and save money for it.

EVs, and by extension the Lightning, are seriously based off individual use cases. I personally think the Lightning is a fantastic commuter / urban truck. I imagine it dominates in a short range, lower speed environment which has plenty of demand in different areas of the country. But it'll never be fantastic on the interstate, not as is, and while I'm cool with that there's plenty that won't be and that's okay. At the end of the day, Ford made a truck that was uniquely perfect for me and I love it so far.
My lifetime average is 2.5 miles per kWh. Often see 220 miles estimated at 90% charge for my SR truck. I don't take many trips but stopping for a 45 minute lunch break is no big deal when I go on a 250 mile trip. So easy to have lunch, watch the Ford Pass App, then get back to the truck so I don't block the charger for someone else.
The people that take these trucks on the highway- usually with one or two in the truck- then complain about the range are really missing the point. Buy an Ioniq 6 and get 300 mile range.
Sponsored