• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dilemma—Bronco Finally Scheduled

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Congratulations on the upcoming fraternal twins. My Lightning blend date is tomorrow.

Still waiting on a build week for my 18 month old 2-door Bronco order (22+months since the reservation). If the Bronco was a baby elephant it would be due any time now.

I've become very attached to reality of owning a Lightning. I'll even be getting rid of my Super Duty and fully embracing the Lightning.

I certainly don't "need" the Bronco. I want it for the years gone by of adventure in my old Bronco II. I wonder in a few months time if Broncos will become more readily available with folks looking for more economical DD alternatives.

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
I sold my 2 door Bronco two weeks ago for a $12k profit after having it six months. I have four more on the way. Two 2 doors, one 4 door, one Raptor. I'll end up keeping the last 2 door - hopefully for free!

Sponsored

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Wow!! Holy cow. What timelines are you looking at for the others? If I order another Bronco when it opens back up, just curious what you’re seeing.
No timeline on any. The last 2 door will be a 23 or 24 mod top with price protection from my third day one reservation.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Thanks and sorry to hear about your Bronco. I hope you hear something soon. I was just doing my 6-month check in with my dealer and he just said, “well, well, look here! You got scheduled.”

Glad you are going to see the Lightning soon. Will you give it up when your baby Bronco comes? haha

I hear you on not “needing” it, for sure. I just want it.
I don't plan on giving up the Lightning at all. One way or another I need a truck.

I'm thinking that when the Bronco comes I'll give up my other toy, the Boss 302 that I've had for 11 years. Although I'm wondering if the Bronco will get as good of fuel economy as the 302? If I don't drive it hard it'll get 20 mpg. Not sure that even with the 2.3 and 7MT the Bronco will touch 20 mpg ever (unless I keep it below 60 mph). But just a different kind of fun to be had with the Bronco compared to the fun with the 302.

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
I don't plan on giving up the Lightning at all. One way or another I need a truck.

I'm thinking that when the Bronco comes I'll give up my other toy, the Boss 302 that I've had for 11 years. Although I'm wondering if the Bronco will get as good of fuel economy as the 302? If I don't drive it hard it'll get 20 mpg. Not sure that even with the 2.3 and 7MT the Bronco will touch 20 mpg ever (unless I keep it below 60 mph). But just a different kind of fun to be had with the Bronco compared to the fun with the 302.
The Bronco 2.7 mileage was awful. It didn't help that the fuel tank is small too, reminded me of my E60 M5. Fill it every three days. Most of the time it was 13.5, saw 16.7 on a highway trip. If fuel is more of a consideration than fun, a Bronco is not for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SuckLemons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I think the 2.3 2-door nonsas will be better in the gas mileage department. I saw some folks on Reddit in a 4-door 2.3 and they were getting 22+. Not great, but not awful. I’m sure it’s heavily dependent on driving style, like the Lightning probably will be.

Last edited:

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Get both and drive both. Then flip the one you decide you can live without more. I’m guessing with these gas prices that are not going down soon, you will keep the Lighting. I love my Badlands, but if I had to pick one, Lightning wins hands down.

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
I’ve got a Bronco and a Mach E. When the Lightning gets here, I’ll trade in the Mach E. I’m glad I don’t have to choose between the Bronco and the Lightning but if I did I would choose the Bronco and it would not even be a close call. I plan to own the Bronco for at least the next quarter century, long after ICE vehicles are obsolete.

OP
OP

SuckLemons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
I’ve got a Bronco and a Mach E. When the Lightning gets here, I’ll trade in the Mach E. I’m glad I don’t have to choose between the Bronco and the Lightning but if I did I would choose the Bronco and it would not even be a close call. I plan to own the Bronco for at least the next quarter century, long after ICE vehicles are obsolete.
That’s hilarious that it isn’t even close. Glad you’re enjoying the Bronco. Good to know. Since I haven’t even seen a 2-door in person, I’m feeling like when I do it won’t be a difficult choice. lol

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I am in similar situation, ordered Model X and Lightning last May. Expecting my wife and I need two vehicles. But no we won't go back to office, at most once a week, and daughter is getting her permit so she can drive prius to school. We only put 3000 miles on the only other vehicle, Honda Odyssey.

Model X EDD (estimated delivery date) is 8/31 - 10/26, and Lightning build date is 8/15. So I should get them at the same time.

If we keep both Model X and Lightning, they will end up siting in garage and each get close to 2000 miles per year. Really cannot justify. It is a super tough decision which one to keep. But given current situation, I will take deliveries first. Flipping anyone can return at least $10k.
Sponsored