• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Door seal and debris

Tack

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Curious if anyone else notices that the inner door jams and seals on the bottom of front doors are prone to dirt build up?

Took my truck on its first 400km road trip Metro Vancouver > Pentiction and noticed the inner doors on the bottom are full of sand and dirt From the hwy, definitely seems sub optimal.

I also have the known door seal issue that is annoying on the driver side, sounds like It isn’t fully closed hitting small bumps.
Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Have you tried a test of the drivers door using a piece of paper? I use a piece of copy paper, while inside the truck close the door on the paper and pull the paper out. The paper should pull out of the closed door seal with resistance. As you work your way around the door with the paper test you may discover the door needs adjustment.
My running boards keeps the inner bottom of the doors mostly clear of debris.