• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Especially unreliable FordPass app since most recent update

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The app has been flaky since I got the truck in July but I was at least able to start/stop the vehicle and monitor charging status with relative consistency.

I have not been to use any remote functions since the ProPower settings showed up in the app. The state of charge is frozen in the app and it shows that I've been charging since Tuesday Morning. It will not allow me to lock/unlock the vehicle or start the vehicle. I've cleared the app cache and reinstalled the app to no avail. My truck is on 3.5.4 (edit: 3.4.3) and my software version is 4.22.0. Anyone else having more issues than usual?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
The app has been flaky since I got the truck in July but I was at least able to start/stop the vehicle and monitor charging status with relative consistency.

I have not been to use any remote functions since the ProPower settings showed up in the app. The state of charge is frozen in the app and it shows that I've been charging since Tuesday Morning. It will not allow me to lock/unlock the vehicle or start the vehicle. I've cleared the app cache and reinstalled the app to no avail. My truck is on 3.5.4 and my software version is 4.22.0. Anyone else having more issues than usual?
My iApp updated this afternoon to v4.22.1.…”Stability improvements….” (Truck’s on OTA 3.4.3 & the PAAK Update). I hadn’t been noticing anything beyond the normal FordPass annoyances prior to this afternoon’s iApp update…..I’ll try out the apps features tomorrow…….

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Mine seems to be working correctly. Of course, I haven't tried to do much with it.

With that being said, I have been using FordPass since we purchased out 2017 Escape. Since then, including that Escape, we've had 6 vehicles that we've used it with. Over all this time the one consistent thing is that every update breaks something.

My advice is, once the app starts working and you're happy with it, turn off automatic updates.

A another thing. Instead of deleting the app, just try logging out, completely close the app out of memory, then log back in. That fixes most issues.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Mine works fine, I just updated this evening also. I used my PAAK today and worked great.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Flaky as heck for weeks. I just did the update so maybe some improvement, but who knows. I still can't see or control charging remotely - glad we can set that in the truck now. I haven't had a drive logged in many many weeks.
Sponsored