• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass app down?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I'm on board and try to be fair, 2 Model 3's in the garage today - one with FSD beta. The Phone As a Key didn't work well in the beginning. They even changed how it worked early on. The wipers used to be BAD, but truly they've been about 98% for a couple of years now. There are things Tesla does not do well, The games and fart noises are annoying.

I will only note I was replying to the fact that you wanted to note Ford is a car company first. Indeed they are, but you can't do EV without good software, so they have to bring it.
Phone as Key was a PIA for me with my Tesla, but I bought the key fob which worked great. I suspect Fords PAK will suck even more.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Phone as Key was a PIA for me with my Tesla, but I bought the key fob which worked great. I suspect Fords PAK will suck even more.
I hope not, it has great potential. They've noted it will come later.

I do hope they will open the Lightning to an Early Access program as they've had for ICE. Tesla has their early firmware access, but that doesn't work. Early Access or Beta needs to be a good controlled group that will provide feedback on the SW they are running and then the feedback taken and fixed.

Tesla is also horrible at reintroducing bugs. They have too many SW versions at once. They can't keep their branches in line and will fix a bug and then reintroduce it again.