• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Exact heights

OP
OP

Dave242

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 XLT, 2023 F150L
I think it might work! Thanks to the help here (new height from newer specs - 78.3"....hoping that includes antennas and that is not the difference, and the 0.4" lowering due to 18" wheels tire radius), and the geometry of my driveway sloping away (calculates to 0.7" additional), and removing 3/4" trim.....if I back in there should be 0.5" of clearance! I don't know how much my ~200lbs will compress the springs, but that will give extra.

To be safe, I'll need to get real measurements when the truck comes out. The last thing I want to do is cause $1000s of damage by ruining the roof! But I am sleeping easier now thanks to the expertise offered here!

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think it might work! Thanks to the help here (new height from newer specs - 78.3"....hoping that includes antennas and that is not the difference, and the 0.4" lowering due to 18" wheels tire radius), and the geometry of my driveway sloping away (calculates to 0.7" additional), and removing 3/4" trim.....if I back in there should be 0.5" of clearance! I don't know how much my ~200lbs will compress the springs, but that will give extra.

To be safe, I'll need to get real measurements when the truck comes out. The last thing I want to do is cause $1000s of damage by ruining the roof! But I am sleeping easier now thanks to the expertise offered here!
Measurements do not include the. Radio whip antenna

OP
OP

Dave242

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Correct - I am talking about the satellite radio roof-mounted antenna. The Pro at the Chicago Auto Show had them, and the Ford guy said that even though the Pro does not have a satellite radio, the GPS uses those antennas - although I know he told me some stuff that I know to be wrong....so I don't trust him on this 100%. Can anyone confirm that the Pro will have the satellite radio antenna or not?

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
True. But there are aftermarket stub antennas one can replace that with. Or just remove it entirely if you don't ever listen to terrestrial radio.

Sponsored

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
If the tires are an inch smaller that would be 6 inches lower.
Uh... what?

If the tire diameter is one inch less the truck would sit 1/2 inch lower. Distance from the centerline of the axle to the treads is the tire's radius.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Correct - I am talking about the satellite radio roof-mounted antenna. The Pro at the Chicago Auto Show had them, and the Ford guy said that even though the Pro does not have a satellite radio, the GPS uses those antennas - although I know he told me some stuff that I know to be wrong....so I don't trust him on this 100%. Can anyone confirm that the Pro will have the satellite radio antenna or not?
It will have an antenna for the ford pass features.
I do not think the antenna will be the high point. With the rake of the truck the rear cab may be the highest point

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
All of the pictures of the Pro that I have seen have the GPS/satellite antennas.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
OP
OP

Dave242

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I figured that now that production units are shipping, I'd bump this and see if someone who has a Pro SR (have any even shipped?) has the actual exact height measurement?

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
PRO roof from the San Antonio Drive event... two on top, and the 'whip antenna' on front passenger side: "...confirmed to Ford Authority that the two “box like” items on the roof are in fact antennas, as we originally assumed. One of them contains the embedded modem, and the other is used for SiriusXM satellite radio"
Ford F-150 Lightning Exact heights ROOF

Ford F-150 Lightning Exact heights OVERHEAD

Ford F-150 Lightning Exact heights PRO logo

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Two questions to anyone with the truck:

1) Width is noted without mirrors. What is the width with mirrors?

2) How many inches of additional width room would be acceptable to open the door and let an adult out of the driver side?

My garage appears to be large enough to snugly fit the truck, I have an electrician coming to put in my charger soon. I just don't need a nightmare realization the truck doesn't fit to happen at delivery!

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Two questions to anyone with the truck:

1) Width is noted without mirrors. What is the width with mirrors?

2) How many inches of additional width room would be acceptable to open the door and let an adult out of the driver side?

My garage appears to be large enough to snugly fit the truck, I have an electrician coming to put in my charger soon. I just don't need a nightmare realization the truck doesn't fit to happen at delivery!
See if you can borrow an ice f150 to check garage fit. Essentially the same size.
Sponsored