• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Extended range battery constraints?

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Maybe the issue has to do with platinum trims (specifically the active motion seats and maybe the upgraded leather) and not ER batteries, but the only trims left available for Canada are the Lariat SR as all the Lariat ER are already spoken for.
My dealer told me to avoid the platinum trim when I ordered in January if I wanted it sooner than later and it looks like they may have been right.
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Rawsonville assembles battery packs. I don’t know if they are the source or sole source for Lightning, but they definitely assemble battery packs. It’s also listed as a source plant on the original sourcing documents that Ford provided early on In the launch.

Edit: Added first page of Tech Spec pdf that shows Ford plant sourcing for Lightning. REVC-Van Dyke-Rawsonville. I'm looking forward to seeing some content labels from delivered trucks.

View attachment F-150_Lightning_Tech_Specs_p1.pdf
Rawsonville, MI does not assemble nor build Lightning batteries. It builds the older batteries for Ford's hybrids.

All Lightning batteries are built (cells) in Georgia by SK Innovations and then shipped to the new assembly building at Rouge River next door to the new Lightning plant.

So there may well be hang ups on the materials needed in Georgia, shipping problems (rail) to Michigan, or problems with the new assembly line in Michigan where about 300 Ford employees put the cells together and harness them in containers. There is also a possibility that the harnesses (possibly coming from war torn Ukraine) are constrained.

My bet is that Ford may have chosen to emphasize assembly of higher value ER packs over the SR packs if constraints somewhere down the line has become a problem. That may be why SR Lightnings are being pushed back for production lately.

OP
OP
21PlatPB

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Volvo XC60 PHEV, 2021 GT500, 2015 Hellcat
Maybe the issue has to do with platinum trims (specifically the active motion seats and maybe the upgraded leather) and not ER batteries, but the only trims left available for Canada are the Lariat SR as all the Lariat ER are already spoken for.
My dealer told me to avoid the platinum trim when I ordered in January if I wanted it sooner than later and it looks like they may have been right.
I think this makes the most sense and that the wave 7 invites being Lariat only are to cover the Platinums that are being delayed.
Sponsored