• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Anyone else find it odd that the Platinum doesn't have Platinum on the tailgate like the other platinums?
I prefer the look of not having a giant plaque that says you have an expensive truck across the back of it.
I am still between iconic silver and star white, both of them look good to me.
Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I wonder if it has the same annoying fake engine noise as the PowerBoost, or a more pleasant "electric vehicle" sound

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I wonder if it has the same annoying fake engine noise as the PowerBoost, or a more pleasant "electric vehicle" sound
It was definitely the same in the video with Biden driving it, you could hear it as they pulled up. They probably designed that thing with the Lightning in mind also know they’d have an early use for it with the PowerBoost.

95Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150
I don't love the wheels. Too spacey, futuristic-ish. But I'm digging the ice blue silver (if that is what it is).

precab

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Fiber infrastructure
When Ford switched to an aluminum body for the F150 in 2015, I wonder if they had an all electric F150 in mind and the benefits of the vehicle being lighter because the battery is so heavy.

Just a thought.
Shame Aluminum is trending to hit record high costs and the F150 is full of it. I only see even more price increases so the illusion most of the public has waiting to buy gas or EV F150 prices will come down in a year is unlikely.

Sponsored

Akovia

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
05 Tundra, ‘16 Kia Soul EV, ‘14 Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Experienced
I really like that American flag emblem on the tailgate, hadn’t noticed that before.
Built in the USA, rather than Mexico like my last F-250.