• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Towing Mirrors too big?

webs1775

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.0 V8 10 Speed
I have a 2020 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.5 bed. I'm thinking of getting towing mirrors. I currently have the smaller stock mirrors. I tow a fishing boat 2-3 times a month.

Do the towing mirrors look awkward? Do they look too big on a 5.5 foot bed F-150?
Sponsored

moates

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 3.5 XLT FX4
Occupation
FF
I have a 2020 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.5 bed. I'm thinking of getting towing mirrors. I currently have the smaller stock mirrors. I tow a fishing boat 2-3 times a month.

Do the towing mirrors look awkward? Do they look too big on a 5.5 foot bed F-150?
Had them on my 2013. They were too big looking but I really liked how much I could see out of them. My 21 has the regular mirrors and while they look a ton better, they aren’t as functional for me.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
multiple posts on a single topic is bad form. Posting about a vehicle that isn't the subject of the forum is bad form. Posting without searching whether the topic has already been discussed is bad form. There are several good threads on this web forum on this question. I am sure that there are also some posts on the forums related specifically to your Gen 13 Ford F-150.

OP
OP

webs1775

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.0 V8 10 Speed
multiple posts on a single topic is bad form. Posting about a vehicle that isn't the subject of the forum is bad form. Posting without searching whether the topic has already been discussed is bad form. There are several good threads on this web forum on this question. I am sure that there are also some posts on the forums related specifically to your Gen 13 Ford F-150.
I apologize. I just joined this group today. To be honest, I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff. The reason I joined was to learn through the forums, etc.

I just bought my used truck a week ago. First time pickup truck owner, and Ford owner. I honestly didn't even know what generation my 2020 F-150 is. I'm sorry.

Sponsored

moates

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 3.5 XLT FX4
Occupation
FF
I apologize. I just joined this group today. To be honest, I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff. The reason I joined was to learn through the forums, etc.

I just bought my used truck a week ago. First time pickup truck owner, and Ford owner. I honestly didn't even know what generation my 2020 F-150 is. I'm sorry.
this guy’s response to your post is “bad form” Don’t apologize, we’re all here to learn and share not belittle each other.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
They aren’t too big. They provide better visibility. Many feel the standard mirrors are too small. Those who have the tow mirrors love them.

/thread

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Just look at photos and make a choice. I don't think they are too big if they are functional. Not really needed if not towing. I added the option because I'll be towing. They look fine to me.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I've had both and I like the tow mirrors way better.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter

You dont have to apologize. This is a community where we all can learn from each other. 99.9% of members here are always willing to join in and help to answer a question or give a suggestion.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster
I originally wanted the towing mirrors, then I drove a truck with them.. They're the big ugly and frankly, hinder my forward visibility. Weighing how few times I'll be towing, I've opted for the standard mirrors knowing that some day I'll tow a travel trailer and will use the wireless cameras that are now available.
Sponsored