• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Failed over the air updates

Nighsight

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I have not had one update not error out at least once. Waiting on Powerup 1.7.1 to show back up so I can attempt installation again. I love how they suggest connecting to wifi, but you can't join a network with login page. Anyone else having a similar experiance?
Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Lead Training Manager, Design
I have not had one update not error out at least once. Waiting on Powerup 1.7.1 to show back up so I can attempt installation again. I love how they suggest connecting to Wi-Fi, but you can't join a network with login page. Anyone else having a similar experience?
You can only connect to networks that are open (no password) or private (password protected) on home routers the same as you would connect a laptop, tablet, or smartphone. I have been able to connect to my home network, my smartphone hotspot (didn't use, just checked connection), or kid's homes when we visit on vacation.

You cannot connect to a McDonald's, Panera, or Starbucks style networks as they use a browser and website to login and authenticate.

That all being said, with no Wi-Fi it will still download using the built-in wireless connection with the following caveat from the owner's manual: Updates may take longer if not connected to Wi-Fi or may not download at all.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
You can only connect to networks that are open (no password) or private (password protected) on home routers the same as you would connect a laptop, tablet, or smartphone. I have been able to connect to my home network, my smartphone hotspot (didn't use, just checked connection), or kid's homes when we visit on vacation.

You cannot connect to a McDonald's, Panera, or Starbucks style networks as they use a browser and website to login and authenticate.

That all being said, with no Wi-Fi it will still download using the built-in wireless connection with the following caveat from the owner's manual: Updates may take longer if not connected to Wi-Fi or may not download at all.
If I am misreading you, you can connect through wifi that is protected on your wifi connectivity screen. Do a scan for available wifi connections. You connect to yours and input the password. No problem.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Lead Training Manager, Design
If I am misreading you, you can connect through wifi that is protected on your wifi connectivity screen. Do a scan for available wifi connections. You connect to yours and input the password. No problem.
That is correct. My home Wi-Fi is WPA2 with a 12-character password. I search and select the network on the screen, and it prompts me to type the password.

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost King Ranch
Occupation
Building Automation
I received the 1.6 and 1.4 updates and the 1.6 did error out the first time. I am now stuck on the 1.7 update, it has failed multiple times so I called Ford and after running through some procedures they told me to take it in for service. I have an appointment on Monday so hopefully they can fix it.

Sponsored

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Building Automation
So I took it into the dealer yesterday expecting to have my vehicle looked at since I made an appointment, funny I know. They told me the appointment was to talk to an advisor and that they would need to keep my vehicle for 5 to 6 days before they even looked at it. I blew a gasket and went to the service manager. Long story short they started working on it yesterday afternoon and I am now in a 2021 Bronco Wildtrak. So I have received a couple of notifications from Ford Pass that they have reset the system, hopefully I will have a better update later today.

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Building Automation
I received a call yesterday to let me know my vehicle was ready to be picked up. I was told on the phone they were not able to update the system locally and needed to order a new APIM module. They put my truck back together and told me they would call me back in about a week to install the new APIM module. More updates to follow.

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
I received a call yesterday to let me know my vehicle was ready to be picked up. I was told on the phone they were not able to update the system locally and needed to order a new APIM module. They put my truck back together and told me they would call me back in about a week to install the new APIM module. More updates to follow.
I have the same issue any updates?

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Got this from the ford early access as I asked what was going on because I can’t turn on auto updates anymore etc. same issue a ton of people are having. For the failed or stuck 1.7.1 OTA update. I emailed back and asked if this will be a OTA update. I haven’t heard back yet on that part.

We are working to resolve the issues you have identified. You can go the dealer but the only solution they can offer at the moment would be to replace your module. We are working on a software fix so that your module does not need to be replaced. The software calibration you mentioned is unrelated to the issues you have noted post the software update. Please stay patient with us as we continue to work towards a resolution to this issue. You can look forward to a communication from our team very soon on next steps.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Got this from the ford early access as I asked what was going on because I can’t turn on auto updates anymore etc. same issue a ton of people are having. For the failed or stuck 1.7.1 OTA update. I emailed back and asked if this will be a OTA update. I haven’t heard back yet on that part.

We are working to resolve the issues you have identified. You can go the dealer but the only solution they can offer at the moment would be to replace your module. We are working on a software fix so that your module does not need to be replaced. The software calibration you mentioned is unrelated to the issues you have noted post the software update. Please stay patient with us as we continue to work towards a resolution to this issue. You can look forward to a communication from our team very soon on next steps.

Why couldn't FORD just put that message out to the public? It would make things so much better if they would just communicate!

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I read this as they bricked a bunch of the access to our trucks with the OTA update and they are desperately trying to figure out how to restore it without issuing a recall.
Sponsored