• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
EVs can totally be used... It is just our trucks are not the ideal candidates because they have overall slow charging. (Slowish curve and large batteries)
I find the Charge curve on my ER to be much better/faster than my Tesla - even WITH the larger battery of the Lightning, I'm still in and out of a charging station faster. I usually hit a DCFC at about 10-20% SOC and stop at 80%, when the DCFC cuts power down to a trickle.

I agree that our trucks are not efficient compared to other vehicles for road trips. Sure are comfy though!
Sponsored

rws265

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, 23 MachE
When you said NY I figured the city, maybe upstate. I didn’t know you were coming from Canada…
I'm not that far north 'eh. Both are big states. My trip is 576 miles, hence the potential 4th stop.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I'm not that far north 'eh. Both are big states. My trip is 576 miles, hence the potential 4th stop.
In the summer you should be able to do 576 miles in 3 stops easily.

Your 1st leg would be around 260-280 miles, especially since you’ll have decreasing elevation and 200-220 miles per leg after that if you charge to 70-75%

Coming back up, add a stop due to the elevation change.

The bigger concern is EA chargers seem to overheat in the summer heat and increased usage. Tesla coming online for us will help but I’ve found going down 81 instead of 95 while longer to be better for more reliable charging in the summer.
Sponsored