• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First trip with trailer.

Pepito113

First Name
Eloy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Pictures are a little deceiving, the trailer model no. is 2375[24 '], 28' overall. I have ran it across the scales before. Even with extra water it has never went over 6,450 lbs. Four wheeler weights 530 lbs. Its a old Yamaha doesn't have all the new tech. Both truck and trailer have new load range E tires. Truck has Ride Rite air bags, 40 lbs. I have had a few trailers, this one likes to wonder if you don't have enough tongue weight. At least with my 2016 1/2 ton Silverado. This Ford handled it good. I will post the trailer specs. for you. I am no expert but everything seemed safe to me.
IMG_0304.JPG
You added the ride rite air bags from Firestone?
Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
A few thoughts:

• Nice looking trailer!
  • Since you are running around the top of the truck's payload the upgraded tires seem like a good choice.
  • The weight of the weight-distributing hitch should be added in when calculating payload.
  • Purchasing a tongue weight scale and a trip to the Cat scale is worth considering.
    • A trip to the scale can also verify you are within the rear axel rating with the ATV in back.
  • Just trying to be helpful and share what I have learned on forums like this.
  • Have fun with your truck and trailer!!!
-Eric