• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford F-150 Lightning Overview Presentation

JDD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning reserved

someone recorded a presentation by a Ford employee at a demo at FedEx field
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hmm... They quoted 2400 lbs payload (frunk separate from cabin+bed. I don't think that is right.

Edit - he also said it uses either cylindrical or prismatic batteries and not pouch. I wonder if they did that to reduce cost and capitalize on the larger footprint offered by a truck. (They use pouch cells in the Mach-e)

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Hmm... They quoted 2400 lbs payload (frunk separate from cabin+bed. I don't think that is right.
I wondered about that too but what I am most curious about is that if his hair and beard were photoshopped?

rtw819

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150L Lariat ER, '23 MME Sel AWD, '19 Niro EV

Edit - he also said it uses either cylindrical or prismatic batteries and not pouch. I wonder if they did that to reduce cost and capitalize on the larger footprint offered by a truck. (They use pouch cells in the Mach-e)
Yeah - there were more than a few inconsistencies with what this guy had to say compared to some of the other videos of info sessions I've seen. Not sure how much stock I put into what's in this one, as several things didn't quite line up with others. Or, maybe he's right, and everybody else was off-base on various things. Who knows for sure. I think it's fair to say there is still lots of speculation until it comes out in writing.

My $.02.

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
Don't believe that guy. He was the one that told me that there were charging ports on both the driver and passenger side at the driving event I attended.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Don't believe that guy. He was the one that told me that there were charging ports on both the driver and passenger side at the driving event I attended.
That was the same guy that presented in Boston. He had a few inaccuracies in his presentation there also.
Sponsored