• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford NACS to CCS adaptor lock

nag_beer

First Name
Nag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
As few people mentioned and documented before, we won’t be able to lock the adapter which can be a concerning thing until Ford releases an update to disable the charging stop button until the car/truck lock is within close range. I was looking and i think below lock might work pretty good, ordered one to try, any of you came across other ones which will be a good fit?
This can lock the metal clip and won’t be able to pull it out. We might need to connect it very close to the car so that it can’t be moved much and won’t give enough play to open the clip.
https://a.co/d/7tum7Kz
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Sounds reasonable. But I wonder how easy(hard) it would be to cut the strap?

Is it simply a nylon strap or does it have metal embedded?

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
It’s reinforced inside with steel.
Yeah, I still bet you a beer that I could have that off there in under 5 seconds.

I'm not saying this is a bad product as it looks like it should thwart someone presented with the opportunity to swipe an unlocked adapter. But it's not going to stop a thief that shows up with intent. I'm a bit worried about the opportunistic types. Adapters are going to be scarce and desirable for a little while still and I'm sure we're going to see some reports of stolen adapters.

OP
OP

nag_beer

First Name
Nag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Yeah, I still bet you a beer that I could have that off there in under 5 seconds.

I'm not saying this is a bad product as it looks like it should thwart someone presented with the opportunity to swipe an unlocked adapter. But it's not going to stop a thief that shows up with intent. I'm a bit worried about the opportunistic types. Adapters are going to be scarce and desirable for a little while still and I'm sure we're going to see some reports of stolen adapters.
yes with right tools. This can definitely slow down somebody, that is all i was looking for at this moment. I do need to try it when I receive to see how it can fit the adaptor with limited access to cut it.

Sponsored

Greg K

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
As few people mentioned and documented before, we won’t be able to lock the adapter which can be a concerning thing until Ford releases an update to disable the charging stop button until the car/truck lock is within close range. I was looking and i think below lock might work pretty good, ordered one to try, any of you came across other ones which will be a good fit?
This can lock the metal clip and won’t be able to pull it out. We might need to connect it very close to the car so that it can’t be moved much and won’t give enough play to open the clip.
I was unable to open the link. Would you repost the link, or post another way to view what you ordered? Thanks.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Reminds me of the Paris France taxi drivers who would park their EV taxis along the curb and plug in their L2 chargers while locking it with a chain around the EV post to keep people from stealing them.

They would return some hours later to start driving again - so funny I thought...

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford NACS to CCS adaptor lock IMG_3526

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Let us know how it works. It doesn't look like there is fine enough teeth on the strap to get it snug enough, but you can't know until you try it.

On my upcoming trip I'm going to use 120 lb test zip ties and a tie gun on it's highest setting to prevent the button from being pushed. Is it infallible? No. But I'm hoping a would-be adaptor theif isn't roaming the exact Supercharger in at, at the time I'm charging, with a pair of diagonal cutters looking to score.
Sponsored