• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass Update (Version 3.31.0) - SecuriAlert is GONE! (But the alerts are NOT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Well, I just put the latest version of FordPass on my iPhone in hopes that it would fix the "FordPass cannot connect" problems I was having with SecuriAlert.

Well, they got rid of the error all right, I don't even have SecuriAlert available any more!

The home screen only consists of the unlock, start and lock buttons and a "Find a dealer" tile.
The vehicle screen (where SecuriAlert used to live) holds:
  • My Journeys
  • Oil Life
  • Tire Pressure
  • Vehicle Hotspot
  • Zone Lighting
  • Pro Power Onboard
  • Trailer Light Check
  • Trailer Checklist
  • Glove Box...

It looks to me like they removed it from the app... but I still am getting the alerts whenever I open my doors or tailgate.
Sponsored

BlackCloud

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
It looks like they they just went through some kind o major reset on the app. When I checked a minute ago, there was nothing listed under the "vehicle" tab. Then the app crashed (disappeared, went back to the home screen). When I relaunched the app, everything seemed to be there, including Securialert.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep... just happened to me too.

Unfortunately, I still get the "Sorry, FordPass isn't responding." message when I go to set a schedule for SecuriAlert.

Oh well.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Typical. Wait until the same thing happens with Scheduled Starts. Over the past couple of winters, the Scheduled Start option would disappear from the app but your vehicle would start on your schedule. You couldn't stop or adjust it.

Give it a couple of weeks. Ford will push an update to fix this issue. But it will probably break another.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Give it a couple of weeks. Ford will push an update to fix this issue. But it will probably break another.
I've been waiting for a couple of months for the "FordPass isn't responding" problem to go away. Now they've had two FordPass updates and still no joy. :-(

Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
I've been waiting for a couple of months for the "FordPass isn't responding" problem to go away. Now they've had two FordPass updates and still no joy. :-(
For what it’s worth I’ve had the “something went wrong” error for 2 months now. I just did the app update on my iPhone and it’s back to normal.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For what it’s worth I’ve had the “something went wrong” error for 2 months now. I just did the app update on my iPhone and it’s back to normal.
I loaded the absolute latest version of the app this morning and it still fails.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
When I last was forced to update, several features were missing; after some web-searching, I tried deleting the app entirely and reinstalling, which was successful.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
This^. The app is a joke anyway so I rarely look at it but checked when I saw this tread and the error has fixed itself.

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
I happened to look at it yesterday as after having my truck serviced a week or so ago I discovered all of the tracking /data sharing settings on my truck had been turned on.

When I opened the app it wanted me to authorize using my phone to track both me and the truck via ip address to show speed, my location etc etc.....

Deleted the app and turned off the data sharing....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.