• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass - “Plugged In at Home but not charging”…but, my truck isn’t plugged in!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I guess that quashes the need to reboot the FCSP.
Since I've had this occur in time periods well separated from my charging, I'm thinking this is a Fordpass software bug..not an actual door/sensor/port/charger hardware issue.
Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Since I've had this occur in time periods well separated from my charging, I'm thinking this is a Fordpass software bug..not an actual door/sensor/port/charger hardware issue.
Agreed. I had this problem before but I used a Tesla charger which wasn’t connected during the messages. I do recall it being damp and raining when it happened. What about you guys?

OP
OP
Firestop

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
***Update***

Resolution (for now): Reboot my Sync4A!

Long Version
Went out to the truck this morning…my FordPass iApp still showed my truck was plugged in (wasn’t), not charging; but, the truck was not preconditioning as scheduled in the app 😎(I had disabled charge schedules in the truck last night).

Charge Schedule feature in the app was still not communicating with the truck…all other app features were (except ProPower Bluetooth….never has) functioning properly.

@Pioneer74 ’s comments about resetting/clearing/restarting the app in my phone, which I had already tried last night, got me thinking about the other software involved in this issue: The Sync4A system.

I rebooted Sync 4A….the FordPass app Charge Schedule feature and the Charge Schedule feature in Sync4A are now syncing 😏 with each other, and the plugged in - not charging notifIcation in FordPass has gone away 👍👍🤓

Thanks @Pioneer74 and everyone else for your suggestions…you all keep me thinking……why I like participating on the forum!

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
***Update***

Resolution (for now): Reboot my Sync4A!

Long Version
Went out to the truck this morning…my FordPass iApp still showed my truck was plugged in (wasn’t), not charging; but, the truck was not preconditioning as scheduled in the app 😎(I had disabled charge schedules in the truck last night).

Charge Schedule feature in the app was still not communicating with the truck…all other app features were (except ProPower Bluetooth….never has) functioning properly.

@Pioneer74 ’s comments about resetting/clearing/restarting the app in my phone, which I had already tried last night, got me thinking about the other software involved in this issue: The Sync4A system.

I rebooted Sync 4A….the FordPass app Charge Schedule feature and the Charge Schedule feature in Sync4A are now syncing 😏 with each other, and the plugged in - not charging notifIcation in FordPass has gone away 👍👍🤓

Thanks @Pioneer74 and everyone else for your suggestions…you all keep me thinking……why I like participating on the forum!

I have to ask, how exactly did you reboot your SYNC? I'm having this problem now. My location hasn't refreshed for almost a day, I have the "plugged in not charging" message and I've driven it numerous times.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have to ask, how exactly did you reboot your SYNC? I'm having this problem now. My location hasn't refreshed for almost a day, I have the "plugged in not charging" message and I've driven it numerous times.
Steering wheel audio controls, left side volume down, right side next track pointing right
Hold both down until the sync screen blacks out and restarts.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Steering wheel audio controls, left side volume down, right side next track pointing right
Hold both down until the sync screen blacks out and restarts.
I never ended up having to do this. All of a sudden, 23 hours after freezing, FordPass started working again. It did have something to do with the truck. My wife's vehicle never stopped updating.
Sponsored