• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Frunk stuck - FIXED!

OP
OP

mq019

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
**** UPDATE - if anyone cares.

Dealer says that the latch mechanism physically broke. This is the first time they have ever seen that happen according to them. During their troubleshooting they also discovered a module that needs to be replaced.

Parts are supposed to arrive today. 🤞🏼
Sponsored

OP
OP

mq019

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Finally got my truck back!

Per the tech, they have never seen or even heard of this happening and they ended up replacing the latch twice, and a few modules/actuators. All in, parts and labor, according to them was over $6k. They had the truck a for 9 days, which I'm kinda impressed by - I really expected it to take longer to get parts and sort out what was going on.

Here's the statement that was left on the paperwork, in case anyone wants to read it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Frunk stuck - FIXED! 1715277946126-q5

Also, they gave me a brand new explorer to drive as a loaner - It was probably the base option, but it was terribly underpowered with the ecoboost I4; couldn't hardly get out of its own way! Cant imagine why anyone would ever buy one! Did I mention I'm super happy to have my truck back!!! :)