• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got order invite today (4/12/2022)

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD EX, '20 Edge SEL
I fully agree with your position. Why should someone that made a reservation in October be able to get an order placed when there are still thousands that made a reservation on 5/19 in the first hour that cannot due to the dealership they chose. I am very fortunate that I have been able to place an order due to having made my reservation in the first five minutes the system was operational and with getting a dealership by roll of the dice that is not playing the games that many others are.

Fords lack of up front explanation of how the reservation process was going to work with dealer allocations, dealer voluntary prioritizations and preference to ZEV states has made this entire process a Charlie Foxtrot from the perspective of someone that has never purchased a Ford before.
Trust me when I say that when I got the email, I was shocked. I never thought I was going to get the chance to order even a MY23 let alone the MY22... I somehow got lucky that my dealership had burned through everyone ahead of me on their reservations list and they still had an allocation left for an order. No way was I going to say no to that. I do agree it doesn't seem fair, but Ford never seems to be fair with anything they do. Had I not got ahold of the mach-e I have now, the one I ordered would have taken 10 months to get to me, while others had ordered after me and had received theirs before my original order had even gotten a build date. 🙃 I almost feel like Ford took pity on me in a way to let me order, even though I know it's pure luck.
Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Could be anytime in July & August, pretty sure you will have a truck before the credit begins phase out
That's funny that the Model X ordered May 2021 has deliver date as July and I suspect it will be pushed back again, so I could pick up the F150 first.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Trust me when I say that when I got the email, I was shocked. I never thought I was going to get the chance to order even a MY23 let alone the MY22... I somehow got lucky that my dealership had burned through everyone ahead of me on their reservations list and they still had an allocation left for an order. No way was I going to say no to that. I do agree it doesn't seem fair, but Ford never seems to be fair with anything they do. Had I not got ahold of the mach-e I have now, the one I ordered would have taken 10 months to get to me, while others had ordered after me and had received theirs before my original order had even gotten a build date. 🙃 I almost feel like Ford took pity on me in a way to let me order, even though I know it's pure luck.
I would do the same thing if I was in your position of getting an order placed having been provided an invite. My issue is more with Ford not making the process more fair and equitable as anyone of the tens of thousands that reserved in the first day find out someone that reserved in October got to jump in line ahead of them they will be miffed. Ford did the same with allowing the dealerships to prioritize selected individuals. My dealership choose not to do that, otherwise I wouldn't be seeing a Lightning until at least 2023 myself.

craptacular

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
I did try my phone and multiple browsers without any luck. I had no problems getting thorough yesterday afternoon, but started having problems after I called Ford last night to switch dealers before submitting the order. I posted a pretty long thread about the issues I was having with the first (well actually 2nd) dealer lying to me, and after filing a complaint with Ford and the BBB I didn't want there to be any kind of retaliation by keeping my order with them. I did see some others had this same issue on one of the previous waves. I called Ford this morning and they said to have my new dealer submit the order manually, so now I'm just patiently waiting...
It took 10 days, but I finally got my order submitted online! This was after multiple calls to Ford, one rep telling me that by changing dealers I would go to the back of the line, and a visit to my dealer where they could not manually place my order cause all they could see was my reservation and not a wave 6 invite. I finally got a rep on the phone who confirmed that it was a known issue for anyone who switched dealers which they had to fix on their back end. Still waiting for the dealer to accept my order...

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
It took 10 days, but I finally got my order submitted online! This was after multiple calls to Ford, one rep telling me that by changing dealers I would go to the back of the line, and a visit to my dealer where they could not manually place my order cause all they could see was my reservation and not a wave 6 invite. I finally got a rep on the phone who confirmed that it was a known issue for anyone who switched dealers which they had to fix on their back end. Still waiting for the dealer to accept my order...
I feel your pain. A technical "glitch" caused me to get what looked like an invite to order this morning only to have it disappear. Dealer no help. First Ford rep clueless..2nd Ford rep tells me I should have never gotten an invite at all. Maybe so..but frustrating as hell. Not at all happy with this process.

Back in line I go....

Sponsored

craptacular

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
I feel your pain. A technical "glitch" caused me to get what looked like an invite to order this morning only to have it disappear. Dealer no help. First Ford rep clueless..2nd Ford rep tells me I should have never gotten an invite at all. Maybe so..but frustrating as hell. Not at all happy with this process.

Back in line I go....
Man, that sucks. Did you get an email or did you just see the "ready to order" on your reservation page? On the day my ordering page was fixed 4/22, I received an email saying it wasn't too late to and to place my order by 3/31.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Man, that sucks. Did you get an email or did you just see the "ready to order" on your reservation page? On the day my ordering page was fixed 4/22, I received an email saying it wasn't too late to and to place my order by 3/31.
No email. Just a "ready to order" on my ford.com acct.

Was waiting for the email that never came. Pretty shitty if you ask me. They need to get a better web development team. A false invite is inexcusable.

2bacons

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat (Atlas Blue)
Same thing happened to me. I had called to switch my dealer afterwards I just got an error on the website trying to order, called Ford back, had them put a ticket in with IT and about a week or so later (last Friday) I was finally able to put in the online order. Then came the hassle of getting my new dealer to realize I had an actual order in the system and to accept it. Ha. We need to get rid of the dealership model and move to direct sales...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Any 4/12 wave got production date?
Nothing here. Hopefully in the next few weeks. That said it sounds like the previous waves aren't fully scheduled yet so it could be a bit.

Sponsored

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
We will definitely get the tax credit as it will be a 2022 MY Lightning according to the IRS.

As for my final wave order, I put in my order for a base, no optioned Lariat SR because I didn't want to have delays due to parts or module shortages...
I'm confident you are right about getting the tax credit as it will sell as soon as it arrives. However, being a 2022 MY doesn't make any difference. A 2022 MY that sits on a lot until next year wouldn't get the full $7500. IRS only cares about the date the vehicle is first put into service.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Still waiting on that scheduled for production update as well. Is it bad that I check everyday, and usually multiple times a day ;)
I typically just check on Tuesdays (happened once for the Lightning) and Thursdays in the afternoon. Besides that I just keep checking this forum, because there will be a lot of posts the next time Ford scheduled.

That said, we may be waiting awhile. Lost of folks from the earlier waves haven't been scheduled yet.