• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
This video covers how to charge, how intelligent backup works, and how the new forthcoming "Intelligent Power" works.

Note how the guy discusses "Intelligent Power" later in the video. Not Intelligent Backup Power, but "Intelligent Power". This will be a really big deal for load sharing when you can automatically turn your F150 into a Power Wall, and save $$$ by using the battery to run your house at peak power times, then charge the truck at night.

This video has quite lot more details than I have found anywhere else. The sound gets a bit wonky at parts, but you can still follow along.

Sponsored

Last edited:

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
Hrmmm, does this mean the Sunrun system could be used as a completely off grid system?

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I’ll believe it when I see an actual demo. I have this on order, but it’s vaporware at this point. Also, how is this going to function with existing solar systems and how they work together is still big questions…

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
yeah, lots of unknowns at this point. I'm trying to figure out if the Ford wall inverter is DC coupled or AC coupled and what other home battery systems it would be compatible with. 9.6kw isn't enough to run a whole house off grid so I'm also wondering if the inverters can be run in parallel. (edit: it appears you can run the system AC coupled or DC coupled. Not sure I've ever seen an inverter that offered both)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
yeah, lots of unknowns at this point. I'm trying to figure out if the Ford wall inverter is DC coupled or AC coupled and what other home battery systems it would be compatible with. 9.6kw isn't enough to run a whole house off grid so I'm also wondering if the inverters can be run in parallel.
We can run our house on 8.0 KW - that is what our generator outputs. It isn't ideal, I have to shut off the servers I run in the shop as they eat a lot of power.

In our case, all our lights are LED, and our heat and hot water use propane (though we just got Mini-splits installed) the single largest draw is the well when the pump is running.

So you can absolutely do it - it just depends on the house and what kinds of loads you have.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
My house usually runs about 2Kwh average until I charge EV. I could easily run solar but I'd never recover the cost as I almost never pay over $100 a month all electric + EV.
Sponsored