• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Half Console Vault for Lightning

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Well finally got my Lightning on Tuesday. Little drama on the actual delivery but all in the rear view mirror.
I just finished installing the EGC-7045-1000-21 half console vault. I am very happy with the result!(y)(y)(y)(y)

Leaves me with easy access to things not in the vault and some added security for the smaller items I want to keep prying eyes and sticky fingers off of.

The most difficult part was removing the console inside cover so it could be placed into the console. Its tricky to get the vault into the console and impossible with that cover in place. Trying to rip it out after its all back together will be a real bitch, especially if you are in a hurry.

It attaches with 3 self tapping screws thru the bottom. That's probably the weakest feature but none of the vaults being sold are "removal proof" if someone has the time and energy to tear them out or apart.

Took less than an hour to install. Probably could be done in less than 30 mins but I get a little nervous forcing parts/pieces of my new truck apart.

The images below from top to bottom show:

* Vault in-place with inside console cover removed.

* Vault, inside console cover installed, and ford half console tray in place.

* Bottom of vault and 3 attaching screws.

I got my vault from Apollo Optics but it is sold on several websites.

It has 3 digit combo lock and and a key in case you forget your combination and is really heavy duty 12 gauge steel. I did not weigh it but I'd guess well over 10 pounds.

Ford F-150 Lightning Half Console Vault for Lightning half console 1

Ford F-150 Lightning Half Console Vault for Lightning half console 3

Ford F-150 Lightning Half Console Vault for Lightning half console
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That's nice. It's good to have some space still to put things that don't need secured. I am thinking about one of the console coolers but I worry about totally losing the space in there for something that doesn't get used all the time.

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
If only it had at least a four number combo option - too easy (7min or so max) to figure out a 3-digit code. Otherwise, that’s neat - I didn’t realize they existed.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
I like the idea....
But then I said to myself: What would you actually put in there? Cash
That's all. I can't think of anything else that actually would need to be locked up. Or a handgun. But I don't have one of those yet, and I'd probably not drive with it in center console. Although I do want one at the ready for idiot drivers.

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Access is easy. I have magnet in the vault which holds the weapon in easy access location for removal. Just drive with vault unlocked. Need to make conscious effort to remove it so I don’t do something stupid. Probably take 3-4 seconds once the situation justifies it. Also have added mags on magnets just in case the 19 that are loaded prove insufficient. And yes I have CCP and I’d guess I have put more rounds on real targets than just about anyone on this forum ( Miniguns will do that for you)
Sponsored