• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How long before Ford drops nav on the F150 like the bronco?

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
So ill be in the market to get a 23 SD, with that said Ford just dropped the factory navigation from the Bronco, I imagine the F150 will follow suit soon and with that im speculating the 23 SD will lose or not even have the option. whats everyones thoughts.
Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Expedition; 2022 F150 Lariat PB on order
My understanding is that the Nav system is required for BlueCruise to function. Since BC is a technology that Ford is really trying to highlight (and after a number of previous setbacks), I think that they’ll try hard to keep it viable as long as possible, which means keeping nav (I think).

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
My understanding is that the Nav system is required for BlueCruise to function. Since BC is a technology that Ford is really trying to highlight (and after a number of previous setbacks), I think that they’ll try hard to keep it viable as long as possible, which means keeping nav (I think).
I wasnt aware it was needed for bluecruise so that makes sense. thank you !

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I could see Nav being eliminated on non-BC versions. With CarPlay and AA on Sync 4A, you don’t really need it anyway.
I disagree
That's all true until you get anywhere in the US that has little to no cellular connectivity. I 80 western PA, most of upstate NY, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Northern Michigan. There are millions of square miles in the USA with no coverage. You need satellite navigation in all these places or your screwed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I disagree
That's all true until you get anywhere in the US that has little to no cellular connectivity. I 80 western PA, most of upstate NY, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Northern Michigan. There are millions of square miles in the USA with no coverage. You need satellite navigation in all these places or your screwed.
Screwed? Hardly. A map is under 10 bucks. Worked for driviers for 100 yrs before GPS.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
You can also do offline maps if you know you are going into an area without cellular coverage. At least in Google maps you can.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Screwed? Hardly. A map is under 10 bucks. Worked for driviers for 100 yrs before GPS.
Yes, I love my maps, I still have them in my truck. but good luck finding good ones anywhere today, especially when you need local details. Like a bridge out detour in the middle of Timbuktu!

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I think it's highly unlikely, but I would guess that depends on how similar the Sync4 module is between the two.

If they actually do drop it (still not official, and definitely a desperate, draconian cut if done) in the Bronco, it's because it was easy to do so, as the base trim has Sync4 without nav stock. Considering this is a chip saving move, I would then assume it is an entirely different module, like the Sync3 systems that didn't have nav.
Sponsored