• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to get feature requests to Ford?

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Would love to have regen control with the shifter.

The shifter has play forward and back. I'm guessing for the ICE truck up and down shifting since it's the same shifter. So assuming the sensors are there how cool would it be if we could control the regen using the shifter. It would be similar to the paddle shifters on some EVs that allow you to add regen by pulling the paddle shifter. Our Ioniq 5 does this.

For the Lightning I would love for it to work in different ways depending on whether I-pedal is engaged, With I-pedal engaged push forward to coast. Pull back to increase regen. With I-pedal off pull back to apply regen. I think I would use that the most. Letting off the accelerator and the truck would coast until you pull back on the shifter.

At ford dude please send this up to the decision makers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
One other thing: I would like to not have to adjust the steering wheel back to where I want ot every time I start the truck. I do have the “easy entrance“ feature off but the damn steering wheel always moves toward the dashboard every time.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
With the advent of OTA, it seems logical that Ford would want to evolve and refine the SYNC4 systems to improve the user experience over time.

Does anyone know of any feedback process for us to get our options back into Ford for consideration? While I have only had my F-150 for a few days (and barely 200 milers), I already see some easily addressed nit picks.
What you’re asking for is literally part of the truck. In an update several months back they added a feature whereby you can send feedback directly to Ford with your own voice recording.

Ford F-150 Lightning How to get feature requests to Ford? IMG_3754
Sponsored