• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
Got the Adarac installed and bought a pair of Yakima bike racks from REI. Everything is, at last, fine.

Aloha_Trucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A Package 2WD
Does anybody know the answer to these two questions:

1) can you roll it up partially and if so how does it stay?

2) is it easy to take on and off completely if you want to?

thank you!

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
1. You could roll it partially, but there's no way to secure it in place. To keep it secure it's either full open or full closed.

2. There are two hand tightened knobs per side to hold it on the rails. It wouldn't be too difficult to remove if you had too. The biggest issue would just be getting it all lined back up after putting it back on.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 501A Space White 5.0
any concerns the vinyl will fade quickly? I prefer the x4s over the mx4, but want something that will last awhile in the southern summer heat.

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster
I've turned this over in my head quite a bit.. I like the look of the X4S but the roll up takes up some space and I'd rather not have a vinyl truck cover again. I think the Leer HF650M will be my selection.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
any concerns the vinyl will fade quickly? I prefer the x4s over the mx4, but want something that will last awhile in the southern summer heat.
I installed mine ~1 week after I got my truck as I wanted to get Line-X done first. It has been in since the beginning of August 2021 and still looks basically the same. The shininess of the vinyl has faded some, but it doesn't look faded at all. One of my old coworkers had the X4 and their cover also still looked relatively black, though I don't know the age of it.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
I've had this X4s on my short bed for 7 or 8 months and it doesn't leak a drop. When you put yours on spray a little silicone lubricant where the rubber seals meet the tailgate at the corners and they will not crumple up, in fact they slide perfectly along the tailgate surface like they were meant to do and haven't wrinkled since I did that. I'm very satisfied with mine.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster
Stage 3 motorsports has special pricing for this forum.
Sponsored