• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installing Pro Charger without WIFI

Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F350 diesel dually, 2020 Platinum Escape Hybr
Occupation
Retired
We’ve had the Pro Charger installed in our shop and found our wifi with extender reaches to the shop but not through the steel siding. We tried setting it up with me standing in the open doorway with my phone but our dsl connection is too slow and wasn’t recognized. So the electrician set it up manually and it charged ok but I’m wondering what the WIFI connection is required for and if we’re missing out on important features.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Can you clarify which charger you speak of?

This is the Charge Station Pro, which has a CCS connector. You said "Pro Charger".

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing Pro Charger without WIFI {filename}

This is the Ford Connected Charge Station, which has a J1772 connector -

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing Pro Charger without WIFI {filename}

OP
OP

Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F350 diesel dually, 2020 Platinum Escape Hybr
Occupation
Retired
It’s the Charge Station Pro

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
In general, the WiFi connection provides the ability to get reporting, and to modify the behavior of the charger (change amperage, stop/start charging, etc.). Assuming you control charging from the truck, it may have no impact on you having no WiFi once it's setup.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
There are plenty of EVSE's that have been produced that require wifi and a lot of the users have issues (like any modern wifi device I assume). I don't have a smart charger and have no need but you have to decide.

The solutions might be to use a powerline adapter to get wifi or ethernet near the charger or conventional commercial campus type device.

Ford claims it has a number of ways to connect. If you get lte then your cell phone might only charge $5 for IOT device access.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../ford-pro-adds-all-new-charging-hardware.html

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
This does not apply to the fcsp, but the EVSEs that we are using now, Flo home x5, (provided by our electric company) communicates with a PLC. The PLC then plugs into our internet router, so the EVSEs use the electric wiring of the house to communicate. I was concerned about the wifi signal in our garage with the charge point home flex (though the charge point evse would have been able to deliver more amps).
Sponsored