• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Interview with Ford General Manager for Electric Vehicles

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
InsideEVs posted a youtube interview with Darren Palmer, the GM for EVs at Ford. There's some discussion about the F150L but I thought the discussion about potential updates to the MME battery management system and the VW/Rivian partnerships were especially interesting.

Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
InsideEVs posted a youtube interview with Darren Palmer, the GM for EVs at Ford. There's some discussion about the F150L but I thought the discussion about potential updates to the MME battery management system and the VW/Rivian partnerships were especially interesting.

This was a great interview with Darren Palmer. I was worried about buying a Lightning that would be antiquated within a few years. I feel much better now knowing that Ford is constantly improving their existing vehicles by listening to their customers and monitoring EV performance.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This was a great interview with Darren Palmer. I was worried about buying a Lightning that would be antiquated within a few years. I feel much better now knowing that Ford is constantly improving their existing vehicles by listening to their customers and monitoring EV performance.
Same here. It makes sense to refine charging curves and battery buffers in a world where relevant modules can update OTA and Ford can collect battery performance telemetry on every vehicle.

I was intrigued by the promise of lots of new EV information in the next 3 weeks. Maybe the F150L configurator will be released soon?

I also appreciated the detailed explanation about how the GOM works when trailering.
Sponsored