• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

VERY interesting interview today about ELECTRIC VEHICLES...

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
The interesting part was when the old lady asked what government is going to do to make transportation affordable for me. His answer was all about cost of owning and buying cars. It did not even register that transportation could mean something other than getting into your own car. People that can’t or don’t want to own a car don’t seem to be getting their fair share of tax money.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
The interesting part was when the old lady asked what government is going to do to make transportation affordable for me. His answer was all about cost of owning and buying cars. It did not even register that transportation could mean something other than getting into your own car. People that can’t or don’t want to own a car don’t seem to be getting their fair share of tax money.
In Minnesota where I live, half of the tax from new vehicle sales goes towards funding public transit. Too bad they are wasting it mostly on light rail, but a fair amount of it still goes into bus transit. They also use a tiny amount to fund HOV lanes, and bikeways.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
In Minnesota where I live, half of the tax from new vehicle sales goes towards funding public transit. Too bad they are wasting it mostly on light rail, but a fair amount of it still goes into bus transit. They also use a tiny amount to fund HOV lanes, and bikeways.
That is great. We do have free city bus in Baltimore but it is a long way to go to European level of public transportation use. Even though our infrastructure is more spread out and there is no getting away from using cars for many, the way the cost of car ownership is heading, if there are good alternatives, younger generation may be ready to support it. Just saw on Rivian forum a fender bender cost $21K to fix. I am sure insurance companies are taking a note. Best part of my Europe trips has always been walking, cycling and using public transportation. The lower the speed the more I experience my surrounding. I already take a lot of local and country roads when I can, hypermiling Lightning will help me enjoy it even more. And at my age, soon I will be forced to enjoy even slower modes of transportation.
Sponsored