• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lariat vs Pro seats

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
I took a nice long test drive (about 30 minutes) in the new Lariat ER my local dealer just got in and wow its fast, feels absolutely huge and somewhat clumsy compared to my 2016 Ram Crew Cab. You really feel the weight. Didn't really like the one pedal driving very much.

So my big elephant in the room issue is the seats. I like ZERO lumbar and a generally soft seat. The Lightning allows you to take out all the lumbar but the side bolsters still push on my kidneys enough that I couldn't live with it daily. (I was sore after the test drive)

Has anyone tried the Pro seats and the Lariat seats enough to make a comparison? From pictures, the Pro seats appear to be a simpler seat but I was hoping to get some opinions until I can find one to sit in.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I haven't driven a Lightning Lariat, but I own a 2021 Lariat ICE. I test drove my dealerships mannequin yesterday, which happens to be a PRO. The wife and I both commented on how uncomfortable the seats were to us. Like sitting on an upholstered brick with no lumbar adjustment.

I find the seats in my ICE truck to be very comfortable after some break in. At 16k miles they are just about perfect.

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
I took a nice long test drive (about 30 minutes) in the new Lariat ER my local dealer just got in and wow its fast, feels absolutely huge and somewhat clumsy compared to my 2016 Ram Crew Cab. You really feel the weight. Didn't really like the one pedal driving very much.

So my big elephant in the room issue is the seats. I like ZERO lumbar and a generally soft seat. The Lightning allows you to take out all the lumbar but the side bolsters still push on my kidneys enough that I couldn't live with it daily. (I was sore after the test drive)

Has anyone tried the Pro seats and the Lariat seats enough to make a comparison? From pictures, the Pro seats appear to be a simpler seat but I was hoping to get some opinions until I can find one to sit in.
Which dealer? Are they on our list of ones with mannequins for test drives? Thanks!

OP
OP

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
Yes, it was on the list.