• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are Pro seats actually different beside vinyl?

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I’ve ordered a Pro, and one of the questions I’ve had for months now is how different are the vinyl pro seats than any of the other trims (except platinum)? Are the seats generally the same composition with just different materials?

if the pro seats really suck I could always retrofit a raptor wheel and seats into my Pro and have a cheap beast… who needs a sunroof or massage seats anyway..
Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I’ve ordered a Pro, and one of the questions I’ve had for months now is how different are the vinyl pro seats than any of the other trims (except platinum)? Are the seats generally the same composition with just different materials?

if the pro seats really suck I could always retrofit a raptor wheel and seats into my Pro and have a cheap beast… who needs a sunroof or massage seats anyway..
The Lariat and Platinum seats have vent holes for cooling, plus lumbar supports, and of course heated seats. Unsure about the XLT.

One of the things that sold me on the Lariat is cooled seats, after having them in my Kia I can't go without them.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Yeah I guess I’m less worried about the heating and cooled components. Just more about figuring out if I’m going to have a backache or not! You bring up a good point regarding lumbar support though. They’re just 4 way seats so I can probably assume they will have little support there. I wonder if they’d essentially be the same as a XL f150 ICE? Or does that have cloth?

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I would imagine the support and fusion are similar across trim and that the surface materials and adjustments are what changes.

I watched a CNET “I think” video where the guy said he preferred the Pro seats compared to the Lariat. One guys view point, but it gives me hope I don’t need Katskin or a seat transplant lol.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I loved the “marine grade” vinyl in my Bronco but I don’t think that will be the same quality or softness. I think I saw one of the preview videos compare it to a school bus seat material which frankly sounds awful. I believe out of spec has a pro review positing tomorrow. Hopefully he covers it

Sponsored

Dave242

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 XLT, 2023 F150L
I've wondered the same thing. At the Chicago Auto show in January, they had a Pro on display, and it had a manual lumbar adjustment knob. I asked the Ford folks there if they knew if that would stay (it was a pre-production model, obviously) and they did not know. I have seen pictures with and without that.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
According to Jill C's YT video - the Pro lacks some seating settings that made her drive a bit uncomfortable.

Her video show that she did not like the seating on the Pro:

As for the seating surfaces, you can change it out with a standard F150 ICE upholstery available from pulls on eBay.

When I first wanted the Pro, I started to look for cloth seats and found eBay had a bunch of sellers that pulled new ones from the owner and replaced with upgraded seating materials.

Now that I am getting the Lariat, I don't need to worry as they have ventilated seats for best hot weather use.

Acacia1731

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lightning pro
I'm finding the Pro seats to be lacking in lumbar support, and am having to consider aftermarket options to address it.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
They are different.

No lumbar support, no height adjustements.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I like the seats in the Pro. I get the no power, but it would be nice if the could have the lever that raised up and lowers the height of the seat that most lesser trim vehicles have. I like to sit up high, and the Pro seats are about an inch or two low IMO, but I got used to it.

I came from an ICE Platinum, which had great seats. Son has an XLT. Pro seats are definitely different. I describe them as gushy. Although they don't have lumbar support, that should not be an issue for long drives, because you will be stopping every 3 hrs to charge.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I just got katzkin installed on my pro and they incorporated heated and cooled functionality as well as an inflatable lumbar support back. Custom colors, front and back, just under $3k OTD

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
I just got katzkin installed on my pro and they incorporated heated and cooled functionality as well as an inflatable lumbar support back. Custom colors, front and back, just under $3k OTD
Pics?

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Those look better then the OEM leather seats. 3k though that's crazy
Not that crazy at all when you consider they ripped out the seat covers. Put new ones on, ran power and everything for heated and cooled seats as well as powered lumbar with the installations of cut outs in the seat frame for the buttons to activate everything.
I’m hard pressed to think of many leather options on a vehicle that aren’t $1.5k at least. Add heated seats for $500 and cooled are almost always part of a more expensive luxury package. Lastly account for the labor that is much more expensive and time consuming than doing it in the factory (2 days for my work) and $2900 or so is a bargain in my mind
Sponsored