• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Latest Update Broke My Center Screen?

Notallthosewhowanderarelo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Hi all,

I just got an update on the truck and app, and within two minutes of driving my nav failed, Android auto disconnected, and now the screen is frozen and won't respond to touch.

Any way to reset the center screen? Tried turning the truck off and back on.

Thanks!

Tom

Ford F-150 Lightning Latest Update Broke My Center Screen? PXL_20211222_164703127
Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,2009 370Z
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Thought I read somewhere hold the forward button on steering wheel and the center console at the same time and it resets the screen worth a try

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Hi all,

I just got an update on the truck and app, and within two minutes of driving my nav failed, Android auto disconnected, and now the screen is frozen and won't respond to touch.

Thanks!

Tom

PXL_20211222_164703127.jpg
Sounds like your APIM might be shot. Probably not much you can do about it except what the screen says. You could try cutting and restoring power to the module and see if it reboots. Disconnecting the negative to the starting battery won’t do it—the aux battery will still provide power. But you could try pulling the fuse. It’s (I think) fuse 15 located in the BCM fuse box. The BCM fuse box is in the passenger side footwell. Owner’s Manual pp. 451-52.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Hi all,

Thanks!

Tom

This is probably a shot in the dark but there were a lot of posts on this site relating to fuses that were not pushed in/seated all the way. Maybe, just maybe, this could cure the problem.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Hi all,

Thanks!

Tom

Your not alone. Was yours stuck downloading the updates over the last few weeks?

Sponsored
OP
OP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Hi all, it eventually figured itself out. So it may just be busy doing other things due to the update and then freeze up. I turned the truck off for about 10 minutes and then came back and it was good.