• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning specific 80AMP Continuous TeslaTap adapter 15% off coupon (Limited time)

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
As I type this, I’m charging at 17kW :) on a Tesla destination charger using my TeslaTap Lightning. I Love the adapter, I wish the discount had been setup back before I bought mine. It’s the only adapter I feel safe using with an ER Lightning, when charging on a Tesla destination charger at a hotel.
Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I didn’t realize Tesla made any 80A Destination chargers. Gen 1 wall connectors were capable of 80A.
Gen 2 wall connectors are also capable of 80A and there are still some around listed as Destination chargers. I probably hit one or two a year.

I'm a little surprised by this latest bit from TeslaTap as nowhere can I find was it advertised that the 80A TT Mini I bought is actually rated for only 64A charging. Not in anything available to me pre purchase, not in any materials supplied with the product. How does this new 80A-charging-adapter-that-is-actually-rated-for-80A-charging differ in materials or construction, I wonder? Given the price I'm not super eager to cut one of each open and check...

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Gen 2 wall connectors are also capable of 80A and there are still some around listed as Destination chargers. I probably hit one or two a year.

I'm a little surprised by this latest bit from TeslaTap as nowhere can I find was it advertised that the 80A TT Mini I bought is actually rated for only 64A charging. Not in anything available to me pre purchase, not in any materials supplied with the product. How does this new 80A-charging-adapter-that-is-actually-rated-for-80A-charging differ in materials or construction, I wonder? Given the price I'm not super eager to cut one of each open and check...
This exactly. I have Gen2s that loadshare 80A and a a 48A Lectron adapter. I have been using it with my Pro and my R1T flawlessly. But when I got my Lariat ER I forgot it pulled 80A, saved $150 on the adapter but nearly fried my truck. Luckily the Gen2 has a heat sensor and shut itself off….went and ordered this.