• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Looks like Lightning does not have dash camera

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Correct me if I am wrong but looks like Lightning does not have dash camera like Tesla. I hate to install myself.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The Lightning has several cameras like Tesla. Ford has chosen not to have the Sentry Mode feature like Tesla.

Mb9182

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E. F150 Lightning Lariat
Dashcam was a great feature on the Tesla. You could set an option to save a clip when you honk. (Or just tap a button on the screen).

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
The reason Ford has given about the cameras not being used for dash cam purposes is because the camera manufacturers own the rights to the camera and what they can be used for. This is Ford's statement, I can't tell you how accurate that statement is. If true, maybe it was put into the contract sale price to keep prices down on the cameras to tell Ford what they can and can't be used for.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I imagine sentry mode and dash cam are features that could be adedd later, since the cameras are already there? However, my fear is with the change to the new operating system in the truck in MY23, Ford will be less likely to add these features for the 20,000 or so people getting MY22, it just isn't economical.

For what it's worth, Tesla didn't have an ability to view the cameras on its cars remotely from your phone a year ago and now the feature is there. So this stuff is certainly possible via OTA updates. It just depends if it's something Ford is interested in doing, or if it would rather follow its legacy habits and make new features exclusive to new model years, to try to sell newer models.

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
The Lightning has several cameras like Tesla. Ford has chosen not to have the Sentry Mode feature like Tesla.
Then they should let us to use it, just like Tesla. Dash camera could be critical during an accident.
Sponsored