• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My thoughts: Lariat Test Drive, showroom Pro

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I agree with everything you wrote, that’s why the XLT would be the sweet spot if not for Ford sabotaging it with the packaging …… but smart on their part.

As far as handling, it’s better than expected taking it around twisties. It stays planted with little to no body roll and comes out of the corner fast as expected. The one pedal driving helps in modulating the throttle?(maybe not throttle?) When going into and out of the corner.

I’m glad people are test driving these before jumping in feet first. It’s a big purchase.
I'm glad Ford allows for potential buyers a chance to look, feel, and possibly test drive.

Better than requiring a $5000 nonrefundable deposit on something no one has seen(in person) or driven.

Yeah,I'm looking at you Fisker...
Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I'm glad Ford allows for potential buyers a chance to look, feel, and possibly test drive.

Better than requiring a $5000 nonrefundable deposit on something no one has seen(in person) or driven.

Yeah,I'm looking at you Fisker...
Only in the US... zero demo units in Canada to even look at nevermind test drive

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Only in the US... zero demo units in Canada to even look at nevermind test drive
FWIW at least you can sit in an ICE f150 and get an idea. Ford also showed the Lightning at numerous auto shows. The Fisker Ocean is a compete shot in the dark...

OP
OP

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
I test drove a base Maverick hybrid. I daily drove a base 98 Tacoma for 7 years and that thing was super reliable but it sucked. Wow trucks have come a long way. Maverick is surprisingly good. My only complaint is the cabin noise was not so great-- I know the higher trims have an acoustic windshield. Power curve is a bit funky and when that four cylinder revs up... when gunning it to join freeway traffic... well it's like most hybrids I have been in. Handled pretty darn well though.

I'd still prefer a Lightning.
Sponsored