• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New F150 4x2. Lift or level?

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler
Hey all

I will be getting my first ever truck in a couple weeks from the factory and I’m already thinking about mods, etc

I have never lifted or leveled my vehicle before but after looking at pictures I think I would like to do something of the sort

Since I have a 4x2 (Texas) should I level or lift the truck first (or both)?

Additonally, can this be done from dealer as an add-on once it gets delivered?

thanks!
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
welcome, I bought my 4x2 STX 5.0 Oct 30th...Im doing a level, front up using the Readylift billet pucks. The dealer can install and do alignment for you.

OP
OP

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler
Thank you, will it void any warranty or anything?

Additionally, how big of a lift did you do?

Sponsored

Mike2019SCrew

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 2WD 3.5 SCrew (current), 2022 4WD 5.0 ordered
I heard a saying maybe a year ago, and I like it. "Slam a 2WD, jack up a 4WD." I lowered by current 2WD 3.5 by using shackles, and love it. I have a 4WD 5.0 on order, and plan on raising the front.

Bottom line really is how are you using it? Off-roading, or something that may require ground clearance? Lift it. Street truck/pavement princess? Lower it for mpg/handling/performance/fun.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Thank you, will it void any warranty or anything?

Additionally, how big of a lift did you do?
Shouldnt void warranty. The Readylift 2.0 will lift front about 2 to 2.5", and you should be able to get 34" tires easily.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I lowered my 2wd crew cab in the back 2" with shackles and installed Viking double adjustable coil overs in the front. Handling is amazing!
Have pics? Did you adjust pinion angle?

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Hey all

I will be getting my first ever truck in a couple weeks from the factory and I’m already thinking about mods, etc

I have never lifted or leveled my vehicle before but after looking at pictures I think I would like to do something of the sort

Since I have a 4x2 (Texas) should I level or lift the truck first (or both)?

Additonally, can this be done from dealer as an add-on once it gets delivered?

thanks!
Not sure what the rake is on the 2wd, but think a front level with 34s would look great. If you wanted a little higher you could go with a thicker leveling puck and add the 4X4 blocks on the back. That would basically get you a leveled 4x4 look without all the extra expense of a true lift.