• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OEM Kicker Subwoofer

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
I had the OEM Kicker sub installed on my XLT ER (312A) at my dealer. Plug and play with my stock 6 speaker system and the sound is significantly different and better. My next upgrade will be the door speakers and column tweeters. I picked these up and will DIY when the weather gets nicer.

Ford F-150 Lightning OEM Kicker Subwoofer IMG_2321
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I don't know anything about the speakers you chose, but it doesn't take much to be an upgrade from the light paper speakers you get from Ford. Truly an insult they put in the trucks for the prices paid.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I had the OEM Kicker sub installed on my XLT ER (312A) at my dealer. Plug and play with my stock 6 speaker system and the sound is significantly different and better. My next upgrade will be the door speakers and column tweeters. I picked these up and will DIY when the weather gets nicer.

IMG_2321.jpeg
You can get better speakers for less money. And the bracket that is shipped with the tweeters is useless for the pillar application.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
VictorM

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
You can get better speakers for less money. And the bracket that is shipped with the tweeters is useless for the pillar application.
I have looked for several months and landed on this $1,300 upgrade (including sub/install). Please let me know of the better, cheaper speakers that will fit. Link?

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
Occupation
Police
I wanted real bass. I installed two 12 inch Kicker CERT12 in an enclosed box and a CWA kicker 1200 amp. The stock speakers suck. Cost was $1600 installed with a bass knob added.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I have looked for several months and landed on this $1,300 upgrade (including sub/install). Please let me know of the better, cheaper speakers that will fit. Link?
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the speakers you're looking at, but If I'm installing speakers that aren't going to be pushed by an aftermarket amp, I'm looking at something with a better sensitivity to take advantage of the stock power.

Personally, I'm looking at the Pioneer TS-A693FH for the front door and the Polk DB 652 for the rear. I'm also thinking of getting the JL Audio 10" PowerWedge. All in, with the speakers and amp install kit from Cruchfield, and the door block off plates and factory sub block off plate from SGS, I'm looking at less than $1200.

OP
OP
VictorM

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the speakers you're looking at, but If I'm installing speakers that aren't going to be pushed by an aftermarket amp, I'm looking at something with a better sensitivity to take advantage of the stock power.

Personally, I'm looking at the Pioneer TS-A693FH for the front door and the Polk DB 652 for the rear. I'm also thinking of getting the JL Audio 10" PowerWedge. All in, with the speakers and amp install kit from Cruchfield, and the door block off plates and factory sub block off plate from SGS, I'm looking at less than $1200.
That’s nice equipment and a great price including install.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech

IMG_2321.jpeg
I was considering doing this OEM sub as well. Do you happen to know if there was a wiring harness for it tucked away, or did they have to run wires for it? Also, did you see any changes in the audio screen for sound adjustments, or is it still the same three levels?
Did you find the cost was worth the sound improvement?

OP
OP
VictorM

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
I was considering doing this OEM sub as well. Do you happen to know if there was a wiring harness for it tucked away, or did they have to run wires for it? Also, did you see any changes in the audio screen for sound adjustments, or is it still the same three levels?
Did you find the cost was worth the sound improvement?
it was worth it. The wiring was there and no additional controls are added To the screen. The sound is significantly better just by adding the sub. my Next step is to check Forscan for any changes i can make in the Audio Control Module ( ACM) for the upgrade. You can save $200 if you install yourself.

Sponsored

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
it was worth it. The wiring was there and no additional controls are added To the screen. The sound is significantly better just by adding the sub. my Next step is to check Forscan for any changes i can make in the Audio Control Module ( ACM) for the upgrade. You can save $200 if you install yourself.
Good to know,thanks. Im not using Forscan so would need it installed by dealer so it can be coded in. The sound of the XLT 312a is pretty good, but for those few times were I get to drive it without the dog and kids, I'd like a little more low end.

OP
OP
VictorM

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Good to know,thanks. Im not using Forscan so would need it installed by dealer so it can be coded in. The sound of the XLT 312a is pretty good, but for those few times were I get to drive it without the dog and kids, I'd like a little more low end.
I learned from someone on this forum that if you don’t have a sub, go negative on treble and mid, leave bass at mid point and turn volume up.
Sponsored