• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Our Thoughts on the New 2022 Ford Maverick Pickup

Stage3Motorsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
A regular cab or even extended cab would be cool but not practical for a unibody vehicle without extensive redesign. The first generation Ridgeline had the buttresses on the sides of the box because of that limitation.

I really wish Ford put that level of detail and attention into the F150s bed. I am already pissed off that I was stuck with halogen headlights on my $50,000 truck, when the Maverick has LEDs across all trims as standard.

The Ridgeline is a great truck for people who want a mid-size crew-cab but it's pretty expensive and Honda came a little short of its full potential. Hopefully Ford will crack the code when it comes to unibody pickups. The price is really it's best feature, it's base price is a few hundred dollars less than the Honda Civic. So as long as dealerships get base Mavericks in inventory without any stupid ad-ons, I expect people to get them just because of price.

I also don't think I would want people towing more than 4K pounds with a small truck. The payload is already comparable with the Tacoma and Gladiator, so I expect it to be competitive in all markets, not just the Urban ones that they seem to have a focus on, which is strange because a van is better suited for city environments.