• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

over cab clamp on cross bars

dmd3home

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Spark EV, Tesla Y, BMW X5 phev
Has anyone had success with installing cross bars over the cab? I'm hoping to mount a couple of cross bars for extra support when carrying long items. The cab of the truck does not have rails so mounting them would be a bit of a challenge, though I have seen some that look like they could work. I think Yakima makes something but it appears to be unavailable. Obviously I don't want to damage the top of the truck but I want it solid and strong enough to support 50-100 lbs. Thanks
Sponsored

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
I use a US Racks Gallion rack. It uses the 4 stake pockets (they ere there but you have to put holes in the plastic that runs along the sides of your bedThis gives me 3 cross- bars, one of which is over the cab. My bed cover is Revolver 4 and it does cot interefere with this rack.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Depends what you are carrying. I have the Thule set and they work fine on the Lightning for my canoe. Same bars/clamp feet as my wife's MME so I only needed the extra fit pack (molded rubber feet and clamp bars) which I swap as needed.

Lightning
  • Thule Wingbar Evo 150 cm roof bar 2-pack black | 711520
  • Thule Evo Clamp foot for vehicles 4-pack black | 710501
  • Thule Kit 145271
MME Thule Kit 145282 (only needed if you also want to fit the same bar to an MME)
Sponsored