• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Paint Peeling/Chipping

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range Battery
I had taken my truck to get some paint protection film (PPF) and have it ceramic coated, but the shop told me they would not touch my fenders because it appeared that the paint was chipping/peeling in the same spot on both sides of the truck fenders (see pictures).

I made an appointment with the Ford dealer and sure enough they agree that the paint is peeling and they consider this a manufacturing defect and I will now have to take my truck to a body ship to fix it. Kind of sucks that this truck now has a recalled light bar and defective paint. At least the shop didn't install the PPF on the fenders yet and told me to bring it back once the paint issue is fixed.

Just wanted to let the community know just in case you notice some paint issues on your trucks.

Ford F-150 Lightning Paint Peeling/Chipping IMG_2822.JPEG

Ford F-150 Lightning Paint Peeling/Chipping IMG_2824.JPEG
Sponsored

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just noticed it on mine too. I have an appointment set up next week for recall fixes, I'll let them know then.

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just noticed it on mine too. I have an appointment set up next week for recall fixes, I'll let them know then.
I had the fenders repainted. It was covered by the warranty. I waited well over a month then had the fenders wrapped in PPF and ceramic coated like the rest of the truck. No issues with the paint since then and was surprised that I could not tell from just looking they were painted separately.

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the fenders repainted. It was covered by the warranty. I waited well over a month then had the fenders wrapped in PPF and ceramic coated like the rest of the truck. No issues with the paint since then and was surprised that I could not tell from just looking they were painted separately.
How long did it take? Did they give you an equivalent loaner?

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well from the time they acknowledged the issue to the time it actually got painted was several months. In fact, I had to get Ford customer care involved to get the dealer to set up the appointment with the body shop. I was quite annoyed how long it took so hopefully your dealer and body shop can get it done faster than me. They did offer to let me borrow a car since it took like 4 or 5 days to get my truck back but I declined since I have another car.

Sponsored

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well from the time they acknowledged the issue to the time it actually got painted was several months. In fact, I had to get Ford customer care involved to get the dealer to set up the appointment with the body shop. I was quite annoyed how long it took so hopefully your dealer and body shop can get it done faster than me. They did offer to let me borrow a car since it took like 4 or 5 days to get my truck back but I declined since I have another car.
My dealership has a body shop on site so hopefully they can fix it quickly. How did yours turn out? Does it look like nothing ever happened?

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They did a great job repainting. I can’t tell the difference at all. But I also had it wrapped in PPF and ceramic coated so I think that helped. It’s unfortunate that this happened to you as well and it bummed me out at the time but it’s all good now. Best of luck
Sponsored