• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Power Onboard - FordPass Message

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has anyone else received the below message? I noticed it when I got inside my house after I had been driving, nothing popped up on my screen in the truck. Is this anything to be concerned about?​

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Power Onboard - FordPass Message Screenshot_20220816-221800_FordPass
Sponsored

Greased Lightning

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I have once. I believe the pro power was activated somehow (I didn’t do anything) and after a while this message pops up. I didn’t notice any significant charge drain so didn’t think too much of it. If it happens again I may try to have it addressed at the dealership.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
There is a setting for state of charge where Pro Power will be disabled, to preserve battery. Whether you are using Pro Power or not, you will always get this message when your drop below this state of charge. You can lower the setting to avoid the messages (just be aware of your charge level when using Pro Power) or just ignore the messages.

OP
OP

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My setting is at the default, which is 160 miles. Every time I turn the truck on, every phone in my house gets alert messages since we share FordPass, as winter range in a SR is less than 160 miles.

If I were to lower Pro Power to 80 miles, would this have any downside? For example, is there additional battery drain or phantom drain, even when outlets aren't being utilized? I normally keep settings at the default, because I assume the manufacturer knows best, but I'm not so sure here.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
No, I do not believe there is any downside to lowering the setting. Doesn't make much sense as you found out on the SR to have it set that high.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I have this set to 200 miles because I don't want pro power on all the time.
I can not find a way to keep it off. It is on for the cab evertime I start the truck, I'm not sure if it uses much energy In standby mode but I never use it so why should it be on?
Sponsored