• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Propower Onboard Error Message

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
I took these three photos from the display in the truck. The back outlets are grayed out and can't be turned on or off. Another message suggests it is something that needs the dealer to fix. You folk are knowledgeable about these things and thought I'd ask here first what this all means.

Ford F-150 Lightning Propower Onboard Error Message tempImageSoEIOC
Ford F-150 Lightning Propower Onboard Error Message tempImageikLB3G
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This is going to require dealer service tech to investigate.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I took these three photos from the display in the truck. The back outlets are grayed out and can't be turned on or off. Another message suggests it is something that needs the dealer to fix. You folk are knowledgeable about these things and thought I'd ask here first what this all means.

tempImageSoEIOC.jpg
tempImageikLB3G.jpg
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I've seen this several/many times before - no worries...

turn your truck OFF, then back ON, drive for a while... the message goes away.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
it's more about the ProPower 'seeing' something it didn't really like, such as a spike, neutral or ground connection issue, etc... let these things work themselves out before you run to a dealer, they know less about this than you do, and it will likely take FOREVER for them to even diagnose it or give you any answer, and they may hold your truck as hostage until they figure it out... crazy.

these issues are similar to laptop 'issues'...sometimes the easy fix is to simply 'reset' the computer, turn it on/off. unplug it. let it rest, etc.

proprepper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Pro SR
Occupation
done with work!
Vermin chewing thru the tasty wires. hopefully NOT!

My AT&T home internet just had to be repaired 1400ft from my house due to squirrels chewing the wires.

OP
OP

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
I've seen this several/many times before - no worries...

turn your truck OFF, then back ON, drive for a while... the message goes away.
It's been there through quite a few on/off cycles. Earlier I've gotten messages that the pro power was within a few miles of something, but I don't recall what it said. Need to take pictures of these messages.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's been there through quite a few on/off cycles. Earlier I've gotten messages that the pro power was within a few miles of something, but I don't recall what it said. Need to take pictures of these messages.
You may have the reserve range setting too high, lower that to 50 miles, see if it impacts the frequency of that message.

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Have you tried a simple 12V reset? Disconnect the negative 12V battery terminal, wait ten minutes and reconnect. Start the truck and see how it behaves.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
if you have the 'MILES' setting for ProPower too low, you will see this message, as it is the truck's way of alerting you to any draw on the battery that may could keep you from reaching your destination, or even if parked with ProPower on, not enough power to get to somewhere to charge... it's just an alert, until it reaches your set 'MILES', then it shuts ProPower completely off.

I set mine to 10 miles, as I will manage this myself and have hardly ever seen this message except when arriving home, with the camper being powered by ProPower, where I already know I will have power there.

I have, though, seen the 'Have your vehicle seen by your local dealer for servicing', or similar message, when the ProPower seems to have seen a power spike, or ground issue, or similar issue, but it always goes away on it's own, after some time, and some driving.

OP
OP

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
Have you tried a simple 12V reset? Disconnect the negative 12V battery terminal, wait ten minutes and reconnect. Start the truck and see how it behaves.
I have not. I will give it a go when I get a chance.

OP
OP

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
if you have the 'MILES' setting for ProPower too low, you will see this message, as it is the truck's way of alerting you to any draw on the battery that may could keep you from reaching your destination, or even if parked with ProPower on, not enough power to get to somewhere to charge... it's just an alert, until it reaches your set 'MILES', then it shuts ProPower completely off.

I set mine to 10 miles, as I will manage this myself and have hardly ever seen this message except when arriving home, with the camper being powered by ProPower, where I already know I will have power there.

I have, though, seen the 'Have your vehicle seen by your local dealer for servicing', or similar message, when the ProPower seems to have seen a power spike, or ground issue, or similar issue, but it always goes away on it's own, after some time, and some driving.
I looked last night, mine is set to 10 miles. Maybe I'll need to raise it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

I think you meant “too high”?
Sponsored