• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote on iPhone stopped working for Frunk and Tailgate

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
A couple of days ago I noticed that when I tried to open either the front or rear tailgate the remote on my iPhone stopped working. On the app, those two functions are grayed out. I have tried restarting Bluetooth a number of times without any success. I can find no resolution in the manual. All the other functions including the door lock, starting, and charging information all work normally. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote on iPhone stopped working for Frunk and Tailgate IMG_8635
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Are you within Bluetooth range of the truck?

Start, lock and unlock work through the cellular connection.

Frunk and tailgate work through Bluetooth. If you're not within range of the truck, those functions will be grayed out and won't work.

OP
OP

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Tried all those things while in and near the truck. No success

Jellis57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Had same problem, delete and reinstall app. That should do it.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Or if you did recent IPhone update hard reset your phone. That was the only thing that fixed my Bluetooth connection issue.

Sponsored

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
A couple of days ago I noticed that when I tried to open either the front or rear tailgate the remote on my iPhone stopped working. On the app, those two functions are grayed out. I have tried restarting Bluetooth a number of times without any success. I can find no resolution in the manual. All the other functions including the door lock, starting, and charging information all work normally. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_8635.png
I've had this happen a few times. The only solution I found is to uninstall and then reinstall the Ford Pass app. Worked for me. Good luck.

OP
OP

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I finally got around the problem, but the only way was to delete and reinstall the app and to enter a totally new user on my iPhone. I’m really not even sure why it worked since I had tried so many different options, none of which were successful. At any rate, everything seems to be working for the present.
Sponsored