• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Resale value

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
If Ford really manufactures 20k vehicles this model year, that will be 20x the amount of Hummers that are made. If MY23 starts rolling off the line before year end, even less comparable.

I wanted a Dodge Demon, but couldn't get one anywhere near MSRP when it came out. The 50% mark up at the time (now worse) is due to the fact they made 3k of them. Unless Ford grossly overestimated its production numbers, the Hummer EV is a unicorn versus the Lightning.
Yes, the premium on Lightnings will be short lived but it will definitely be there for 2022. I definitely expect to see some Platinums trading hands for well over $100k.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Lots of speculation, but no one standing at my door with bills in hand. I don't plan on selling anyway. Been waiting for this day.

OP
OP

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
Lots of speculation, but no one standing at my door with bills in hand. I don't plan on selling anyway. Been waiting for this day.
Look out your front window, GDN

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
This is from my pal's auto broker business, just some reference. This doesn't apply to all dealers (there are some honest MSRP or below dealer such as LONGO Toyota, but just some reference on the current situation).

Honda Civic -- 2022 model $3000 - $5000 ADM

Toyota Sienna -- 6 month wait $5000 - $7500 ADM

Porsche 911 (Non-GT) -- $25000 - $50000 ADM GT3 for $100000 ADM

Hyundai IONIQ or KIA EV6 $7500 - $10000 (basically dealer wants to take tax credit away from you)

MB G63 --- $ 60000 - $100000 ADM

Hyundai Palisade $ 5000 - $10000 ADM

This list can just go on indefinitely.

BTW this is for So-Cal Area , YMMV.

Now you tell me how much would F150L going to ADM for?

I would be really surprised if F150L LARIAT ER OR PLAT doesn't have 30K plus ADM before 2023 in SoCal at least. You know we have all those "Hey look at what I'm driving or Hey I got it first" people here.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Before I found a dealer in SoCal near me willing to sell me one without ADM, I considered transferring the sale to Oregon to at least save me the sales tax. The salesperson my dad knew took his phone and told me was sorry but his GM was requiring $3K ADM. When I told him that we could work something out he asked what the ADMs were down here...well, I says, the Broncos and F150s have anywhere between $15-30K ADM on them.

First time I've heard someone shit their pants over the phone.

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Given the low supply in the first year, you could probably get some someone to pay you over MSRP, but it would be a challenge as they don't get the tax credit (you do).

Regardless of the potential profit, I couldn't do it - just too unethical for me. So many people want these trucks and are stretching budgets to make it work. Don't be a scalper and make it so only the rich can get them. If you don't want it, let it go to someone who does.
On top of that if you live somewhere with sales tax you might already be paying 9% over the sale price anyway when you buy it.

Last edited:

julian

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning lariat ext range
Bought my Tesla Model S 2 years ago used at 45k. Just carvana'd it and got a 55k offer. That is, I put on 10k miles, had it 2 years and made 10k. Things are not normal right now.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Regardless of the potential profit, I couldn't do it - just too unethical for me. So many people want these trucks and are stretching budgets to make it work. Don't be a scalper and make it so only the rich can get them. If you don't want it, let it go to someone who does.
I have no plans to sell mine but counterpoint:

If an individual doesn't do it and walks away, chances are a dealer will now mark it up once they have it in regular inventory. It makes you feel better but it likely doesn't change things for the end consumer.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

If an individual doesn't do it and walks away, chances are a dealer will now mark it up once they have it in regular inventory. It makes you feel better but it likely doesn't change things for the end consumer.
True - the decision really need to be before you convert to an order. (i.e. don't order unless you intend to buy and keep)

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales

exactly once you decide not to buy it and leave it at the dealer, even though you agreed to no mark up. They no longer have to hold to that agreement and then they can shoot for the stars. With the current market, Id be surprised to see Lariat and Platinums under 100k. Id imagine 30k to be a safe start.
Sponsored