• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Retail purchase

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
new to this forum (have a 2021 XLT ICE 2.7) but test drove a lightning when I was getting service done and man is it nice.

anyhow, what do you think the odds are of finding a retail truck with little to no ADM in a Lariat trim (SR Is fine) preferrably blue cruise?

I see a few listed on cars.com but they mostly have disclaimers about contacting dealer for price.

My local dealer said they would sell an order at MSRP but I think new orders are currently suspended
If you're patient they're popping up now and then around $96k. (Lariat SR) You can buy one any day of the week ~$122k.

When the '23 deliveries start you'll probably have a better shot. By the end of the model year you'll probably see ~$10k as the typical markup.

With the current interest rate trend, they'll be near MSRP on the lot in '24. And there will be a good deal of people with '23s selling lightly used trucks who fooled themselves into thinking they were going to drive a year and flip for a profit. Your options are wait ~18 months or pay $$$.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
If you're patient they're popping up now and then around $96k. (Lariat SR) You can buy one any day of the week ~$122k.

When the '23 deliveries start you'll probably have a better shot. By the end of the model year you'll probably see ~$10k as the typical markup.

With the current interest rate trend, they'll be near MSRP on the lot in '24. And there will be a good deal of people with '23s selling lightly used trucks who fooled themselves into thinking they were going to drive a year and flip for a profit. Your options are wait ~18 months or pay $$$.
Not sure why you keep referencing interest rates as your reasoning for trucks available at MSRP becoming a reality.

While definitely not ideal, I have yet to meet someone who walled away from a vehicle purchase because of 3-4 percentage points on interest rates.

Refinancing is also really common...

The only way these trucks will be found commonly for MSRP is when supply surpasses demand.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
so far dealers for new still have ADM...20k, 30k, so crazy....I have a feeling with the economy tanking and gas prices staying low those ADMs will start to drop and eventually dissappear
High demand vehicles won’t see any relief here. Especially since there are not enough new cars to satisfy demand. The problem I do see is that too many dealers have acquired large used inventories at inflated cost and the massive fire-sale is coming. But won’t help with new stuff.. supply chain woes are beginning to head the right way. The crazy ADMs will dissipate in another year most likely. May take a bit longer for EVs to normalize because more people keep wanting to buy.

As for finding a Lariat without paying ADM…. It’s possible. Best bet might be to see about buying a mannequin (dealer demo). Although most are spoken for already- especially those not being used for test drives. A lot of them will be coming up for sale over the next couple months.

OP
OP

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 F150 Raptor, Atlas Blue, 801a, PP
Yeah, best prices I found today were around 87k for a lariat SR (15k ADM), sounded like they would take less but I just wasn’t interested and left my name/number if they sit too long

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yeah, best prices I found today were around 87k for a lariat SR (15k ADM), sounded like they would take less but I just wasn’t interested and left my name/number if they sit too long
Something to remember, any MY22 with ADM may still be a better deal than waiting for a MY23 due to the large price increases.

Not the case necessarily here, but something to keep in mind.

Sponsored

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Not sure why you keep referencing interest rates as your reasoning for trucks available at MSRP becoming a reality.
Because people set their vehicle budget by payment, and high interest rates lead to higher payments. The market is what it is today because low rates allowed for creative financing to keep payments low. That doesn't work with higher rates.

The new car market is in for a reckoning. It's going to be ugly.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I was able to purchase a Lariat SR (510) for $5k over msrp today. You have to keep checking online
This is a great deal considering MSRP on MY23 will be more the 5K higher.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

Also... people who may trade in a gently used Lightning for a new Silverado EV with better range/charging in mid/late '24

Sponsored

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
new to this forum (have a 2021 XLT ICE 2.7) but test drove a lightning when I was getting service done and man is it nice.

anyhow, what do you think the odds are of finding a retail truck with little to no ADM in a Lariat trim (SR Is fine) preferrably blue cruise?

I see a few listed on cars.com but they mostly have disclaimers about contacting dealer for price.

My local dealer said they would sell an order at MSRP but I think new orders are currently suspended
DePaula in Albany has 7 Lariat SRs right now if you really want one. They said people want the lower trims so the Lariats are available.

MVS87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning SR - Antimatter Blue
I was able to purchase a Lariat SR (510) for $5k over msrp today. You have to keep checking online
Same here. Placed a deposit today for a Lariat SR $5k ADM. Should be here in 3-4 weeks! Had a major repair bill hit on my 2014 ICE F150 and started poking around. Guess I got lucky. Dealer was eager to sell and came down off a $10k ADM. He also made it sound like some dealers are selling them to other dealers at $15k ADM. Might explain some of the big numbers others have mentioned here.

OP
OP

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 F150 Raptor, Atlas Blue, 801a, PP
Well, I ended up with something else…..was tired of looking and a decent deal on a bronco came up
Ford F-150 Lightning Retail purchase F6E351FC-BF09-4664-813E-60926267FF06
Sponsored