• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reverse Mirror Dip / Tip ?

JCU Delt Ox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
I've gotten so used to Tow Mirrors with my prior Super Duty trucks that seeing parking lines when in reverse was an afterthought. Now that I have standard mirrors, I really miss not being able to see the lines. The cameras are great, but I'm used to driving with my mirrors and want to see if anyone has figured out a way for the mirros to tilt when in reverse. Is it a FORSCAN only mod, or is there a setting that will activate this feature? Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I also miss having my mirrors dip. Not sure it it can be done with FORSCAN. My work around is to use the 3rd slot for saving seat and mirror settings. I have it setup to only move my mirrors, so when I park I hit the #3 button, mirrors dip, I park and then hit #1 and mirrors go back into place. Not great but works.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I also miss having my mirrors dip. Not sure it it can be done with FORSCAN. My work around is to use the 3rd slot for saving seat and mirror settings. I have it setup to only move my mirrors, so when I park I hit the #3 button, mirrors dip, I park and then hit #1 and mirrors go back into place. Not great but works.
Genius!!!!!

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
It would be an excellent feature for the ford engineers to add in an OTA update if they are listening.

My wifes car has this feature as did my ‘95 5-Series back in the day and it’s something I have really gotten used to.

Using the third driver preset is a great hack in the interim though, thanks for the tip!

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Holy crap that's brilliant! I wonder if this works for telescoping tow mirrors too, I can set #3 to my "tow" adjust and #1 as daily driving.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ford F-150 Lightning Reverse Mirror Dip / Tip ? 1619754914528

Welp, decided to test this today. It will adjust the mirror itself, but it will not restore the telescoped/retracted status. Oh well! It's just a button to hold for 2 seconds, but dang that would have been some cool transformer type sh!t :ROFLMAO:

jdesa05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB FCP Edition
I tired to enable mirror tilt in FORSCAN, didn't work on my XL.
Sponsored