• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rubber bed liner… Will the Lightning bed have the same exact footprint?

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What trim level did you get? I believe the tailgate step was bundles into packages (most of them) and not available as stand alone.
I have a XLT SR, which does not have a step standard. Lariat and above do have a step. It's a $400ish dollar option to add the tailgate step on XLT SR.

Not to derail the thread, but I wonder if the battery will block the ability to add an aftermarket AMP step? I have used one in the past and actually prefer being able to use the step with the tailgate up or down, but if there's a battery there I imagine the part can't be added?
Sponsored

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I have a XLT SR, which does not have a step standard. Lariat and above do have a step. It's a $400ish dollar option to add the tailgate step on XLT SR.
My order is for an XLT SR with the $9500 312A Equipment Group. That does include the tailgate step, but it drives me crazy that most of that price is for options I don't want... and I can't get some of the options that I do want.

Moving to Lariat adds yet another $5000 or so, and once again only adds a few things I'd like, so I'm going to have to settle for something in the middle.

Here are some options that stand out that you can't order from the XLT.

- The LED bar on the back. I'm actually bummed out about that.

- The 15" screen (like my Mach-E). I love the 15" screen on my Mach-E, but frankly, I fumble with the heat and A/C and seat heating controls, so I'm actually quite happy I will have physical buttons for those again. I'm guessing I won't have stuff like the games without the big screen, but I won't miss them.

- The Power Sliding Rear Window... I think? However when I select the base XLT, the back photo has no window, when you change it to the 312A, they show a window... but there's no mention of it in the actual list of features. Very odd.

- Wireless charging pad. I NEVER use it on my Mach-e. My iPhone moves around too much and never stays charging. If I decide I want to charge, I'd rather buy a simple MagSafe cable from Apple and use that. It'll still be wireless and it won't lose connection when the phone isn't misaligned.

- Leather heated AND VENTILATED seats. XLT has heated cloth seats, which is important to me, but with cloth seats ventilated seats are not as important.

- Garage Door opener. I don't use mine. My garage is too small for a truck.

- Interior Ambient Lighting. Popular for a lot of new cars, but I won't miss it.

- Upgraded B & O sound. My Mach-E trim level doesn't have it and it still sounds great.

uwquigman

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Just a heads up. I confirmed with my dealer that the spray in bedliner will delay your car several weeks for delivery if ordered as an option. My dealer quickly pulled it off my order and I'm all good....I'll just get a spray done when I get it delivered....Hopefully in July/August!

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Just a heads up. I confirmed with my dealer that the spray in bedliner will delay your car several weeks for delivery if ordered as an option. My dealer quickly pulled it off my order and I'm all good....I'll just get a spray done when I get it delivered....Hopefully in July/August!
Thats exactly why I ordered without it as I heard rumors from many different places that it was delaying builds.

My dealer also told me to avoid the platinum as it may likely be delayed. Didnt give a reason but I am guessing because of parts availability (I have seen them have 1 platinum in stock in 8 months and it lasted less than a week).

I think the lineX is a much better liner than the factory liner anyways and is probably cheaper as well.
Sponsored