• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shifter stuck in park, shift system fault

OP
OP

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Alright, so I have a bit of an update. The dealer I took the car to was pretty good about communicating with me. They were able to resolve the issue by replacing the 12V battery in the car. Apparently my 12v battery had a bad cell in it, causing the shifter to not engage park.

i attached the service record that they typed up.

but then, today when I was driving home, the issue happened again! But this time the car was in reverse.

I was trying to park the car. I pulled into a spot, but I needed to correct my parking job. As soon as I put the car in reverse, I got an alert that the shift system had a fault. I was able to put the car in drive and get out of the spot I was in. The parking brake was also engaged, and would only disengage if I held down the button.

I was too afraid to turn the car off. I also checked the Ford pass app, and it said that there was a power train malfunction. I attached this photo as well.

I drove for 3 miles (while holding down the parking break button) to the dealer that completed the service and turned the car off. I was fully expecting the car not to let me put it in Park. I turned the car off, I hoped out of the car. I waited a second and then turned the car back on. The alert went away.

My FordPass app also says there are no active alerts. At this point I’m going to take the car home and return it to a dealer tomorrow.

if I’m honest, I’m a little nervous.

Ford F-150 Lightning Shifter stuck in park, shift system fault 05836E36-23B9-4CA4-B992-F753742966E6

Ford F-150 Lightning Shifter stuck in park, shift system fault 5AF80FC1-5C0E-4C86-BE7E-7FBD992918C2

Ford F-150 Lightning Shifter stuck in park, shift system fault 44892020-0B70-43BE-BF16-793708497926

Ford F-150 Lightning Shifter stuck in park, shift system fault F29968B4-6300-454F-924D-C32F214C5D8C
Sponsored

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Yikes! Wishing you the best and watching this thread!

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
Glad you didn't get stranded for a 2nd time. I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to have a spare 12v battery stored in the frunk, just incase the original 12v dies...

DGDo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape Hybrid, BMW i3 REx
Occupation
Retired
It seems like 12v is the answer to EVERYTHING as of late....
I've owned a BMW i3 REx for closing in on 8 years. The electronics start getting very squirrely when the 12v battery nears end-of-life or gets discharged too much.

Assuming Ford's design is similar, the high voltage battery is used to charge the 12v while the vehicle is operating. I doubt there would be a lot of 12v battery infant mortality. Ford may have underspec'ed this battery or the vehicle's software isn't charging it sufficiently to compensate for usage.
Sponsored