• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Took a Lightning Demo out today!

mhoagie76

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Warehousing and Storage of damaged goods
Hello all. I had the fortune to be able to take a lariat extended range model out for a test drive today, at MSA Ford in Abbotsford, who by the way does not do a dealer adjustment. Holy Mackerel........these things are absolute beasts. The Lighting name is perfect for this truck. It's acceleration was absolutely unreal! I am able to convert my reservation into an order, but the recent price increase may put it out of reach for me ($98,000 CAD before taxes, it was $84,000 for '22MY) XLT Extended range. My wife drove the truck too, as she WAS skeptical.....that is no longer the case, as her skepticism evaporated once she was behind the wheel.. Decisions, decisions. Cheers
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Agree completely, got to finally test drive one Saturday and really impressed with the ride and handling. Salesman encouraged us to lay on the go pedal but want to wait to feel it when my 6/6 build gets here. One day!

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Hello all. I had the fortune to be able to take a lariat extended range model out for a test drive today, at MSA Ford in Abbotsford, who by the way does not do a dealer adjustment. Holy Mackerel........these things are absolute beasts. The Lighting name is perfect for this truck. It's acceleration was absolutely unreal! I am able to convert my reservation into an order, but the recent price increase may put it out of reach for me ($98,000 CAD before taxes, it was $84,000 for '22MY) XLT Extended range. My wife drove the truck too, as she WAS skeptical.....that is no longer the case, as her skepticism evaporated once she was behind the wheel.. Decisions, decisions. Cheers
🤣 You drove the same truck that I drove on Saturday! I put my order through the MY23 conversion (had a MY22 order in but it got rolled over to a 23 even though I was 6 out of 12 allocations they were supposed to get). Ford won't honor the price on it which means the Lariat 511A with max tow is $112k plus tax which brings it up to almost $140k.

Needless to say the truck is not that good and I will just pass and let the dealer have the truck when it comes in. I ordered a 2023 Palisade instead which I will get early next year and only costs $68k with tax.
Sponsored