• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tow bars are the difference between regular and Max Tow packages?

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I think this maybe the differences between regular and Max Tow packages. There is a A and B tow bar.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tow bars are the difference between regular and Max Tow packages? Towbar
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Hmmm. That almost looks like no hitch vs hitch assembly. Where did you find it?

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I don’t think so. Both the Trailer Tow package and Max Trailer Tow package include a class IV receiver hitch.

OP
OP
Crapblaster

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Here's what an aftermarket for a 2020 is rated at:

Towing Capacity:
1000 Pound Tongue Weight
10000 Pound Towing

Weight Distribution Towing Capacity:
1200 Pound Tongue Weight
12000 Pound Towing

There wasn't a listing for 2021's yet.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I don’t think so. Both the Trailer Tow package and Max Trailer Tow package include a class IV receiver hitch.
To piggyback off what you said, it appears the Class IV hitch is also standard on Lariat and up.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I think this maybe the differences between regular and Max Tow packages. There is a A and B tow bar.

Towbar.jpg
I just created a thread on this I was working on last night and just saw your post. There IS a difference in the bumper, but also the sway bar is different on tow and max tow vs standard. You can only tow 7k on the non tow/max tow trucks even with a class IV hitch.

You DO get an upgraded (reinforcement plate) bumper as well with max tow, along with larger brakes.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX

Towbar.jpg
This is incorrect. This is an image of a bumper IV Hitch or max tow (bottom) vs. Non hitch equipped bumper (top). I can't tell which one the bottom bumper is, but the Max Tow has an upgraded bumper w/ hitch than standard bumper w/ hitch.

OP
OP
Crapblaster

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
This is incorrect. This is an image of a bumper IV Hitch or max tow (bottom) vs. Non hitch equipped bumper (top). I can't tell which one the bottom bumper is, but the Max Tow has an upgraded bumper w/ hitch than standard bumper w/ hitch.
Look at the blue parts of the picture. The center has a flat spot where the ball mounts. The bumper covers it. The bumper is mostly cosmetic.

Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Look at the blue parts of the picture. The center has a flat spot where the ball mounts. The bumper covers it. The bumper is mostly cosmetic.
The blue thing is an actual bumper, it is a structural part of the vehicle. The bumper cover, which is usually misidentified as the bumper, sits on top/infront of the actual bumper.
Sponsored