• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trailer brake not working

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
In all seriousness, I'm glad they believe they have a solution. Intermittent electrical or software problems are hard to solve when they aren't easily reproduceable.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Jeb, I've crossed paths with you and your posts now MANY times over the past few months. I think folks like yourself just don't get what forums are for. ???
I’ve crossed paths with you too. All the emojis and LMAOs. Is this a forum for serious adults to work on their trucks or have I inadvertently stumbled upon the Facebook page of a 13 year old girl?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
You must know that I not only have great respect for your generosity and willingness to genuinely help folks that you will never meet, but I also personally have benefitted. As well as my sweet Platinum Powerboost!

Having said all that, you are always going to be outnumbered on a public forum. I know I am. In fact, I'm a dinosaur in this crazy upside down world. But still having a ball. And nobody can take that from me.

Anyways, thanks. I'm grateful

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You must know that I not only have great respect for your generosity and willingness to genuinely help folks that you will never meet, but I also personally have benefitted. As well as my sweet Platinum Powerboost!

Having said all that, you are always going to be outnumbered on a public forum. I know I am. In fact, I'm a dinosaur in this crazy upside down world. But still having a ball. And nobody can take that from me.

Anyways, thanks. I'm grateful
I’m in my element being outnumbered. If I were gathered around the campfire with the collective holding hands and singing Kumbaya, then I’d be worried.

But in all seriousness, there are a lot of places in the cyber universe to just socialize and complain and commiserate and engage in collective catharsis if that’s what you’re into. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. I was hoping, perhaps naively, that there would at least be some places left (like a truck forum) where adults could mostly focus on matters of substance. If this isn’t that place, if I don’t ”get” what forums are, if such antiquated views make me a pariah, so be it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
It was my attempt at humor.
In fact, in your defense.
I see that I failed miserably

I'm an old man who doesn't have accounts at any of those social media sites.
I do like to hang out on a few forums.

I will be more serious, if I can be. I admit that I'm not very good at it.

Sponsored

tmdaley

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 HEV Lariat
I just heard about the recall and am happy to get the updates posted above. I am also going out on a short trip soon and will be hoping for no problems, but knowing that the intermittent brake problem is software really helps! I will reboot the truck a few times if I have a problem - I was already prepared for this before the recall announcement due to the discussions here. Thanks all!

PMCJR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
You missed my point. Whining is counterproductive—both yours and @turbopilot ‘s. Ford ultimately found a solution. You want to punish them for that because it took too long? Would it have been better if they just continued to deny that there was anything wrong and “solve” the problem that way? Whine when it doesn’t work. Whine when it admits there is a problem and comes up with a solution because it took too long. Nice incentive structure for a company to do the right thing.
I didn't miss your your point and I surely don't want to punish anyone for coming up with a solution to this problem. You on the the other hand have insulted 2 members of this forum by calling them whiners because they stated their opinions which as far as I know is not against any forum rules or regulations. I've been a member of this forum for almost a year and have 3 posts you've been a member for 8 months and have over 520 posts and I am sure somewhere in those 520 post you've spilled some whine somewhere. Criticizing others is counterproductive. Ford has had 3 life threatening recalls in one year on this vehicle and any person who defends that is also counterproductive.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
you've been a member for 8 months and have over 520 posts and I am sure somewhere in those 520 post you've spilled some whine somewhere.
Don’t speculate. Find them. Find one. And I’ll apologize. Otherwise, grow up and quit your bitchin.

Have you even contributed anything of substance to this forum? Helped another member? Answered a question? Provided intelligence or research? Or is the whining the alpha and omega of your membership?

And as long as we’re looking at scorecards, four posts and two of them are bellyaching. At your age (retired), you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

”It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.”

Last edited:

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Scheduled my 221 for the insulation recall. The dealer is going to take care of this and the trailer take recall on the 14th

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scheduled my 221 for the insulation recall. The dealer is going to take care of this and the trailer take recall on the 14th
Call before you go in to avoid wasting a trip It isn’t clear how much in advance of the 18th the new software is going to be available. If you look in on the ECU programming thread, you’ll also get early notice when the new software hits FDRS. That’s the system Ford uses to distribute software to dealers and a lot of forum members on that thread have active licenses.

PMCJR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Don’t speculate. Find them. Find one. And I’ll apologize. Otherwise, grow up and quit your bitchin.

Have you even contributed anything of substance to this forum? Helped another member? Answered a question? Provided intelligence or research? Or is the whining the alpha and omega of your membership?

And as long as we’re looking at scorecards, four posts and two of them are bellyaching. At your age (retired), you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

”It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.”
Well, it seems the king has spoken. I see you have investigated my posts (3) and my profile. I don't think I will waste my time reading 525 post by some one who I find not only condescending, arrogant and insulting but likes to call other members derogatory names. Thank you for reminding me why I haven't been here in a year. According to you I am a whiner, a bitcher and I haven't grown up yet along with I am counterproductive and haven't added anything or helped anyone with any problem. Please explain to me the qualifications for membership on this forum? You word is gospel your majesty, this is your forum only what you do matters. You are a real piece of work. See you next year, jack stand.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, it seems the king has spoken. I see you have investigated my posts (3) and my profile. I don't think I will waste my time reading 525 post by some one who I find not only condescending, arrogant and insulting but likes to call other members derogatory names. Thank you for reminding me why I haven't been here in a year. According to you I am a whiner, a bitcher and I haven't grown up yet along with I am counterproductive and haven't added anything or helped anyone with any problem. Please explain to me the qualifications for membership on this forum? You word is gospel your majesty, this is your forum only what you do matters. You are a real piece of work. See you next year, jack stand.
Save it for your Instagram page. You can cry on some else’s shoulder. And trade lip gloss secrets.

Bigguy214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Just called my dealer about the trail brake recall and they said they did a 2021 truck but mine is a 2022 and they don’t have a upgrade for the 2022 yet he said they are different.

TrevTitan45

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat CC PowerBoost FX4
I have a 2021 Lariat powerboost with 33,000 miles on it and have towed a bunch with no issues. Over the weekend I picked up a brand new Grand Design Imagine travel trailer and had no trailer brakes on the way home. I thought I had set something up wrong or something was wrong with the trailer. Just got an appointment at my local dealer to fix this recall. They also mentioned a recall for the wiper motor? Still waiting for my sagging under body insulation fix as well.
Sponsored